Mishka, CPA (Read 2172 times)

Mishka-old log

Got my score on the last part of the CPA exam this morning, after just over 7 weeks of waiting. Somehow, I passed. There are 4 sections that are tested, and the initials spell out "BARF," and that pretty much summarizes the last 6 months of my life. There was no warm fuzzy feeling when I left the exam...I was almost resigning myself to a retest in January. But instead, I get to have a life again!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay! Now you can enjoy the holidays and celebrate passing. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations.
          I passed. There are 4 sections that are tested, and the initials spell out "BARF," and that pretty much summarizes the last 6 months of my life.
          Congrats Mishka!! I'm still laughing at the BARF.

Lazy idiot

Congratulations, dude. Tax season is right around the corner. Evil grin

Tick tock

wooohooo.... congrats Mishka! Big grin
              Mishka-old log

Thanks everyone. Drew, the funny thing is...our company outsources its tax work to local CPAs. Our tax issues are too complicated for the resources we have here. My responsibility is getting the "book" income straight before the audit work in February and post-extension tax work in September and October. Translation: I have just about the easiest March/early-April for a CPA.

Congratulations!

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats Mishka! Does that mean you can do my taxes?

Swadvad

Congrats Mishka! Many folks don't understand how horribly difficult that exam is. My wife was a straight A student, top graduate in the entire business school, yet it took her twice to pass all four parts. You are in elite company! Good for you!!!
                        Congrats! How does this fit into your alpaca farming endeavors?

Vim

Mishka-old log

Congrats Mishka! Does that mean you can do my taxes?
                          Sure, how much do you want to pay in taxes this year? Evil grin Kidding (I still have to take a short ethics exam)! Apparently I can't be trusted to represent the profession ethically until I've passed the ethics exam. Davdaws, I heard the new format is easier than it used to be. I took the 4 parts separately. I can't imagine taking all 4 parts in 2 days under the old format. I certainly wasn't the student your wife was in school, if that's any indication.
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Sure, how much do you want to pay in taxes this year? Evil grin Kidding (I still have to take a short ethics exam)! Apparently I can't be trusted to represent the profession ethically until I've passed the ethics exam.
                            Even better that you have no ethics yet! If that would get me to avoid all taxes, I'm all for it Big grin Just kidding! I love paying taxes that help pay for the FBI and IRS that's probably looking into my financial records right now. Can you ever trust someone with a fondness toward llamas?
                              Congrats, Mishka! Yeah - I'd like to sign up to have you do my taxes before you take that pesky little "ethics" exam, too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mishka-old log

"Avoiding" taxes is perfectly legal. We'll leave the question of the ethics of that to Jeff. It is the "evasion" of taxes that gets you that pretty orange outfit and a man-friend named Hammer. What's so shady about llama-fondness? I love those cute little bastards. Another to-do before the ethics exam...scheming the wife into allowing an alpaca farm...hmmmm.