Carmel, IN marathon anyone (Read 1024 times)

C-R

Short drive from the South Jimmy. Come visit for some Hoosier Hospitality.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Well, I registered yesterday.  Looks like I'll be gunning for the podium on this one.  Not sure I have the 2:33 in me it took to win the event last year.  I'd say it's going to be cooler this year being 6 weeks earlier, but the way things are going it just may be hotter.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TripleBock

WI

MN

OH

MA

CA

AZ

TX

NV

TN

Not much of a list yet - But IN = 10th state.

Would have been #11 - But the DNF @ mile 70 Leadville, CO -

I am looking forward to it.

Short drive from the South Jimmy. Come visit for some Hoosier Hospitality.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Well, I registered yesterday.  Looks like I'll be gunning for the podium on this one.  Not sure I have the 2:33 in me it took to win the event last year.  I'd say it's going to be cooler this year being 6 weeks earlier, but the way things are going it just may be hotter.

I hope to switch around my training a bit between now and the race to get more acclimated. I ran a 1/2 last Sunday and though the temps were in the mid 60s, it was about 30 to 40 warmer than i was use to. At about mile 4 or 5, my body just said "not today." 

Good luck on shooting for the podium!

TripleBock

C-R and Spaniel you did get my note that I require mid 40s to low 50s?

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Feeling the growl again

If only I had that kind of power...

High of 84 tomorrow.  Though it gets more reasonable after that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Since I won't be able to run this weekend I decided to volunteer to work the first water stop.

Would you like vodka or whiskey?

Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Why are you making us choose??!  Sorry you won't be running but I will look for you!

If only I had that kind of power...

High of 84 tomorrow.  Though it gets more reasonable after that.

Looks like the weather is shaping up quite nicely for Carmel this Saturday!   Crossing my fingers....

Feeling the growl again

Since I won't be able to run this weekend I decided to volunteer to work the first water stop.

Big grin

Yes and yes...for the post-race party.  For the first time in years I'm feeling good going into this one...no stunts...

Feeling the growl again

Looks like the weather is shaping up quite nicely for Carmel this Saturday!   Crossing my fingers....

Looks like ~40 at the start, the only thing that concerns me is the 40% chance of rain.  Cold rain late in a marathon is not a good thing.

C-R

Makes me glad I'm only running the half.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

If it turns out to be a cold rain, One of you will have to snuggle me back to being warm ... Spaniel ... CR ?

Weather will be what ever it is - Andy the kind of heat your are going to put out - You will be plenty warm.  Me I am a big horse and will work in to a sweaty lather at even 40F and rainy.  Afterward (Suspecting no one takes the snuggle job) I will just have to have a pile of clothes to put on.

Looks like ~40 at the start, the only thing that concerns me is the 40% chance of rain.  Cold rain late in a marathon is not a good thing.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Also - Please learn that you invite DB to race with you - He always brings good weather.  Trent is the devil ... Now if you invite DB and Trent you never know what you will get.  Take Grandmas last year - I won out and we had an awesome day.

Sorry I could not make Monkey last year ... Trent that one is on you. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

If it turns out to be a cold rain, One of you will have to snuggle me back to being warm ... Spaniel ... CR ?

Weather will be what ever it is - Andy the kind of heat your are going to put out - You will be plenty warm.  Me I am a big horse and will work in to a sweaty lather at even 40F and rainy.  Afterward (Suspecting no one takes the snuggle job) I will just have to have a pile of clothes to put on.

Besides my inherent heat generation problems, basal temp regulation is one thing that can shut down when energy stores get low.  Last time I ran in the 30s in rain I ended up dangerously hypothermic by the end...a smarter person would have dropped but I was 2OA so I gutted a 2:36.  I was past clothes helping, it took 3 hours and lots of hot fluids to get my body temp back to a safe point.

Hopefully this time I will be smart enough to dress right if the weather requires (that race the front that came through...huge temp drop and rain...was not really predicted ahead of time).