Couple in their 60s set world record for running a marathon each day for 366 consecutive days (Read 178 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I read it and could not tell how long each run took.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

I read it and could not tell how long each run took.

In one of the articles I read on this from 12/31, the lady alluded to it taking '6 hours' per day, but that could be door to door or so.

"

Ms Murray-Wakelin said from Devonport on Monday there were just a few days when she resented getting up before 4am and running for six hours.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/couple-run-365-marathons-in-a-year-20131230-302sf.html#ixzz2pFXUb8FW

"

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

No way could a person do that without eating bacon, or some sort of meat!

#artbydmcbride

Horses eat hay

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It should be inspired by this, but instead it irritates me.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

TripleBock

They sound OCD

There is nothing irritating to me, and it is a special accomplishment.  Not, Christmas or Thanksgiving special.  More like bosses day special.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Arimathea

Tessa

Sure they could. But if they're only eating raw food and only plant based, they must spend 6 hours a day on the road and another 6 hours eating all that food -- and then a further few hours in the bathroom.

I do hope they have their footwear sponsored or get a bulk discount, because replacing footwear (looks like they are wearing Vibrams in the picture) is going to be very costly, especially at Australian prices.

I love bananas. I eat one every day. If we are out of them, I get kind of annoyed. But if I had to eat 30 a day, I would so despise those friggin' things. Can you imagine sitting down & just eating 10 bananas in one go? Ugh.

Dave

jmctav23

2/3rds training

that sounds too much like work to me...  I could see trying a through run of a long trail like the AT or PCT but running along the side of a road all day every day for a year would probably bore me to death.

ultramarathon/triathlete

That's what I'd like to do when I retire one day.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team

What -- eat your weight in bananas every day?

Dave

keeponrunning

At first I thought it sounded like a fun idea, then I realized for Canada I'd have to have a heck of a support team and a loaded shotgun in the north (which would lead to problems with the government).  Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

GinnyinPA

That's a lot of sugar and no protein or calcium.  I wonder how much damage they did to their bodies by eating such a restricted diet.