GPS topic - Eric is gonna kill me. (Read 968 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric is working on this GPS feature for US. Eric spends all his free time and energy for US. He wants to keep this website FREE and UNCLUTTERED by ads. FOR US. To build this GPS import tool (which would be the best one out there), Eric would do well to have a Mac. That would allow him to test the tool and make it usable for everybody. Folks. This is a no brainer. This Mac is not expensive as computers go. We clearly owe it to Eric, who has done so much for us. Ten people, $60 apiece. Twenty people, $30 apiece. It's like nothing. Compared to a pair of shoes or the GPS I own? Nothing. Its like free. And it will make my GPS much much better for me. And yours for you. So, (and here is where Eric will slaughter me, cuz he is so humble) go down and click on that PayPal link at the bottom of the runningahead.com home page, and send Eric what you think this feature is worth to you. Yes, you too, you PC people. Big grin Thanks all!!!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

(BTW, I just made my donation...have you?)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Seeing as how I just marked my 1 year "runniversary" almost entirely because of the support and inspiration of Eric's creation, it seemed only fair that I celebrate with a gift to my favorite home on the interwebs! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

When I get home and get on the computer (once the evil wee ones are done), I'll make a payment (I don't do credit cards from my work computer...just in case)! RA is a motivation that I don't mind contributing to. Smile

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Done. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I used to pay to belong to a website that allowed me to play online Scrabble! If I'm willing to pay for that I am most certainly willing to pay for this. FYI - Internet Scrabble is cool. My brother and I would have bets going for our games. Loser bought the winner a case of beer, or dinner. Fun stuff. Haven't played in about 6 months though (maybe I got tired of losing to my brother and having to buy him so much beer).

Michelle

Wingz

Professional Noob

There are a few things I'm more than happy to spend money on. Running is one of them. Things that support running fall under this category. Shoes. Races. Nifty running clothes. Oh... and RunningAHEAD!!! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Since I just completed my first run with my new Garmin 305 (still haven't figured out how to upload yet) and since I am typing this post on my iMac 5,1...I just made my donation! Thanks Eric for all your work
                  bas

Done. Because of the great work eric does on this site, and because of all his efforts to to make the features usable for all of us. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

eric :)

Trent, your post reminded me of the NPR fund raiser that's going on constantly right now on my local NPR stations. I don't know what to say to this. On the one hand, I don't want people to be guilt tripped into donating. On the other hand, the money would help me keep the site independent and free of the typical clutters. I do worry that you're setting the bar so high that I might not be able to achieve it, leaving everyone disappointed. The GPS tool is a big leap forward but I don't know where it will lead the site. We're in this together so I guess we'll find out together. Thank you everyone that have donated. I'll try my best not to disappoint you!
                        done - thanks, Eric

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

DONE. Big grin

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, you do great work. Consider this a) payment for work done, and b) a way to sneak a Macintosh into your house Evil grin And if this leads to a cool GPS tool, all the better Wink
                              Trent, your post reminded me of the NPR fund raiser that's going on constantly right now on my local NPR stations. I don't know what to say to this. On the one hand, I don't want people to be guilt tripped into donating. On the other hand, the money would help me keep the site independent and free of the typical clutters. I do worry that you're setting the bar so high that I might not be able to achieve it, leaving everyone disappointed. The GPS tool is a big leap forward but I don't know where it will lead the site. We're in this together so I guess we'll find out together. Thank you everyone that have donated. I'll try my best not to disappoint you!
                              Eric - I donated not so you could buy a Mac or make new cool features (nb: I donated last month before Trent's post and have neither a mac nor a GPS and do not plan to aquire either any time soon), but because I appreciate everything you have already done. I figure even if the site disappears tomorrow (in which case I will be ridiculously upset) I still have gotten my money's worth. And let me point out a couple big differences between Trent's suggestion and NPR's fundraising: if I dont want to read Trent's post about donating, I click back and then click on the next post I do want to read. If I dont want to hear NPR's fundraising, I have to turn off the radio or find a differnet station because they are in middle of the normal programming. Trent has started a thread twice (I think?) with one or two posts each time - NPR's ads go around the clock and are 4 times a year. NPR plays ads the rest of the year in addition to funding from donations. NPR receives govt funding - perhaps we should lobby that RA should too!
                              JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Done! Thanks, Eric! :0 J
                                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."