WORLD WAR Z - Outrun a Zombie (Read 206 times)

Needs more cowbell!

That's tried in the book.  Problem is too many humans, not enough growing season = starved humans.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't...we'd be like deer during particularly brutal Winters when they can't get down to enough food under the snow...

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

CT JEFF

The Walking Dead series says it best. FIGHT THE DEAD. FEAR THE LIVING. 

MAX Brooks has a lot of suggestions in THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE. He prefers a bicycle to almost any other mode of transportation. Its quiet, doesnt need fuel, not impossible to carry over small distances and if it becomes a hindrance you can just leave it.

I have never used one, but I wonder if a MoPed would be better. Cant you peddle those as well?

I hadnt really thought of this, but heat / humidity / hills would also be a huge factor in outrunning a zombie. Every zombie scenario seems to agree that they dont get tired. They may be fast or slow, but pain / endurance are not an issue for them.

In the past, I thought "I could just keep jogging down this trail and Id outrun them" - That still might work, since one side of the trail is next to a steep cliff and a river. Id mainly have to watch one side.

Theres another possibility. I know some high altitude runners. And trail runners. They would probably have the most advantage over a Zed.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28

--8/17 Canton Lobster Loop 5k -((with speed or with son?))  -

Sun 9/7 - 6am (volunteer- Womens TRI) -

Sat 9/27 (scheduling conflict) Hogsback HM - October Hartford Marathon. November - Spartan Race with DW in Fenway

Menace to Sobriety

That's tried in the book.  Problem is too many humans, not enough growing season = starved humans.

My favorite snippet of that book is the Battle of Yonkers.

With a severely depleted human population and development at a standstill, wild game should be more than plentiful. Could be rough on the vegan types, though.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I hadnt really thought of this, but heat / humidity / hills would also be a huge factor in outrunning a zombie. Every zombie scenario seems to agree that they dont get tired. They may be fast or slow, but pain / endurance are not an issue for them. 

Zombie apocalypse

DAY 1: half of humanity infected

DAY 2: Badwater Endurance record falls to Zed . . .  who is later disqualified for chewing on other racers outside the bounds of official water stations.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 06/19: Pelvic stress-fracture = 6-weeks of no running.

Needs more cowbell!

With a severely depleted human population and development at a standstill, wild game should be more than plentiful. Could be rough on the vegan types, though.

More tasty meats for me!!! Big grin

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Interval Junkie --Nobby

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 06/19: Pelvic stress-fracture = 6-weeks of no running.

Needs more cowbell!

I saw that Venn diagram earlier and chuckled...and I haven't even read the book.  I forget who it was I was talking to in the last couple of days who said they thought WWZ would make a good TV show or mini-series...with each episode covering 1 entry in the book.  Given the crazy success of The Walking Dead I'm sorta surprised that this approach was not taken.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I forget who it was I was talking to in the last couple of days who said they thought WWZ would make a good TV show or mini-series...with each episode covering 1 entry in the book.

Um...maybe me, on the first page?  Big grin

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

CT JEFF

Zombie apocalypse

DAY 1: half of humanity infected

DAY 2: Badwater Endurance record falls to Zed . . .  who is later disqualified for chewing on other racers outside the bounds of official water stations.

LOVE IT!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28

--8/17 Canton Lobster Loop 5k -((with speed or with son?))  -

Sun 9/7 - 6am (volunteer- Womens TRI) -

Sat 9/27 (scheduling conflict) Hogsback HM - October Hartford Marathon. November - Spartan Race with DW in Fenway

Needs more cowbell!

Um...maybe me, on the first page?  Big grin

Nah, it was someone I talked to IRL either the day it came out or the day after.  But clearly it's a a thought that's been on the minds of many.  Perhaps the movie was simply a sort of test release to see if there's general interest in extending the franchise to TV/cable.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals: