Motivation (Read 926 times)

The voice of mile 18

LOL. had me there a sec. Jeff starting dating a sorta friend in my town and we hung a bunch and got along well. he was a very cool guy but he really motivated me for years.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi K I am in SE Michigan - Oakland County! Thanks for the welcome! Smile
      Hey, maybe one of these days we will do a common race. Ever consider coming over here to do the Fifth-Third Riverbank 25k? That's my current big training goal--2.5 more weeks! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, maybe one of these days we will do a common race. Ever consider coming over here to do the Fifth-Third Riverbank 25k? That's my current big training goal--2.5 more weeks! Smile k
        I just started really running so I am not too hip on what races are out there Clowning around That would be a good goal for me next spring though! Is it the Grand Rapids area? That drive isn't too bad from here. Have you considered the Detroit Free Press 1/2 or full marathon? I think it is around October. I think I'll try and do the 1/2 this fall and try to improve on my Bayshore time (whatever that ends up to be!) Good Luck with your training and your race! I can't wait to hear all about it Smile
        Elena
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just started really running so I am not too hip on what races are out there Clowning around That would be a good goal for me next spring though! Is it the Grand Rapids area? That drive isn't too bad from here. Good Luck with your training and your race! I can't wait to hear all about it Smile
          Thanks! I'm way excited...but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to a bit of a taper and going back to long runs of no more than 2 hours. I plan to do my last and longest run on Mon...3 hours (probably ~16 miles). This Summer I hope to maintain my mileage, but spread over 5 runs, rather than 4, so my long run won't be quite so long when it's hot. Yep, it's in GR. Biggest 25k in the US. Last year there were 12k participants (I think that was including the 5k, but far more people register for the 25k). This year is the 30th anniversary, so it is sure to be a big crowd--I just hope the weather is better than the last 2 years (cold and rainy). Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks! I'm way excited...but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to a bit of a taper and going back to long runs of no more than 2 hours. I plan to do my last and longest run on Mon...3 hours (probably ~16 miles). This Summer I hope to maintain my mileage, but spread over 5 runs, rather than 4, so my long run won't be quite so long when it's hot. Yep, it's in GR. Biggest 25k in the US. Last year there were 12k participants (I think that was including the 5k, but far more people register for the 25k). This year is the 30th anniversary, so it is sure to be a big crowd--I just hope the weather is better than the last 2 years (cold and rainy). Smile k
            Oh my that is a lot of people! I've done the race for the cure a couple of times in Detroit and I think there are about 20k people total. It is crazy but in a good way! That atmosphere is just great. Good Luck on the weather.
            Elena
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's definitely going to be shocking...I've done a couple of races with under 300 people (and one last fall with something like 30 people, IIRC), so this will be an experience, for certain!

~ Sarah Kay