Official RA Joke Thread! (Read 7297 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

One day, Joe, Bob and Dave were hiking in a wilderness area when they came upon a large, raging, violent river. They needed to get to the other side, but had no idea of how to do so. Joe prayed to God, saying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river." Poof! God gave him big arms and strong legs, and he was able to swim across the river in about two hours, although he almost drowned a couple of times. Seeing this, Dave prayed to God, saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools to cross this river."Poof! God gave him a rowboat and he was able to row across the river in about an hour, after almost capsizing the boat a couple of times. Bob had seen how this worked out for the other two, so he also prayed to God saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools, and the intelligence, to cross this river." Poof! God turned him into a woman. She looked at the map, hiked upstream a couple of hundred yards, then walked across the bridge.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

What's round on both ends and high in the middle? OHIO

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

#artbydmcbride

Did you hear about the guy who had 5 penises (peni? pene?) His pants fit him like a glove!! Big grin

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

These are from ArcaMax publishing: Fire Engine As a drunk guy staggers out of the bar one Friday evening, a fire engine races past, siren wailing and lights flashing. Immediately, the drunk starts chasing the engine, running as fast as he can until eventually he collapses, gasping for breath. In a last act of desperation he shouts after the fire engine, "If that's the way you want it, you can keep your bloody ice creams!" Shaping Up for a Good Excuse This Policeman pulled a car over and told the man driving that he was going 50 mph in a 40 mph zone. "I was only going 40!" the driver protested. "Not according to my radar," the officer replied. "Yes, I was!" the man shouted back. "No you weren't!" the policeman said, starting to get annoyed. With that, the man's wife leaned toward the window and said, "Officer, I should warn you not to argue with my husband when he's been drinking." The Older Golfer "How was your golf game, dear?" asked Jack's wife Tracy. "Well, I was hitting pretty well, but my eyesight's gotten so bad I couldn't see where the ball went." "But you're seventy-five years old, Jack!" admonished his wife, "Why don't you take my brother Scott along?" "But he's eighty-five and doesn't even play golf anymore," protested Jack. "But he's got perfect eyesight. He could watch your ball," Tracy pointed out. The next day Jack teed off with Scott looking on. Jack swung, and the ball disappeared down the middle of the fairway. "Do you see it?" asked Jack. "Yup," Scott answered. "Well, where is it?" yelled Jack, peering off into the distance. "I forgot." Anyone for a Cigar A defendant in a lawsuit involving large sums of money was talking to his lawyer. "If I lose this case, I'll be ruined!" "It's in the judge's hands now," said the lawyer. "Would it help if I sent the judge a box of cigars?" "No! The judge is a stickler on ethical behavior. A stunt like that would prejudice him against you. He might even hold you in contempt of court." Within the course of time, the judge rendered a decision in favor of the defendant. As the defendant left the courthouse, he said to his lawyer, "Thanks for the tip about the cigars. It really worked!" Confidently the lawyer responded, "I'm sure we would have lost the case if you'd sent them." "But I did send them.", replied the man. "What?" shouted the lawyer? "I sure did, that's how we won the case... good thing I remembered to enclose the plaintiff's business card."

Roads were made for journeys...

Purdey

Self anointed title

The Bacon Tree Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert, wandering aimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the inevitable, when all of a sudden....... 'Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell? Ees bacon I ahm sure of eet.' 'Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee'. So, with renewed strength, they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon. There's raw bacon, dripping with moisture .. there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon... every imaginable kind of cured pig meat. 'Pepe, Pepe, we ees saved! Eet EES a bacon tree!' 'Luis, are you sure ees not a meerage?; We ees in the Desert don't forget.' 'Pepe when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smeell like bacon...ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree'. And with that ...Luis races toward the tree. He gets to within 5 meters, with Pepe following closely behind, when all of a sudden a machine gun opens up and Luis is cut down in his tracks. It is clear he is mortally wounded but, true friend that he is, he manages to warn Pepe with his dying breath. 'Pepe...go back man,you was right.ees not a bacon tree.' 'Luis Luis, mi amigo...what ees it? 'Pepe...ees not a bacon tree... Ees.......... Ees... Ees......... Ees.... ... Eees a Ham Bush

AroundTheHorn

There are 2 muffins in an oven. One muffin says to the other "Holy shit, it's hot in here" The other muffin replies, "Holy shit, a talking muffin!"
              Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

... Eees a Ham Bush
                Man, I LOVE a good pun! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Okay, I admit it, I found this really funny...

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Funny - although if my son hadn't just finished Alg. 2, I wouldn't have gotten the joke. Big grin
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Who's your imaginary friend? *giggles*

Roads were made for journeys...

De-slacking in progress

Think yo're so smart? This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers 1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. 2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward? 3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? 4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? 5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle? 6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them. 7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them? 8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh. 9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.' THIS IS PRETTY COOL HAVE A GREAT DAY Answers To Quiz: 1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends Boxing 2. North American landmark constantly moving backward . Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.) 3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons . .. Asparagus and rhubarb. 4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside .. . Strawberry. 5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.) 6. Three English words beginning with dw Dwarf, dwell and dwindle. 7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar . Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses. 8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh Lettuce. 9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S' Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts. PLEASE DO YOUR PART..... Today is National Mental Health Day. You can do your part by remembering to send an e-mail to at least one unstable person Well, my job's done!

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

*erased because it couldn't be deleted"
                          My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                            Think yo're so smart? This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers 6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them. THIS IS PRETTY COOL HAVE A GREAT DAY Answers To Quiz: 6. Three English words beginning with dw Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.
                            Only a dweeb wouldn't know that...
                            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                            Lisa3.1

*erased because it couldn't be deleted"
                              Isn't that the same meaning What was it
                                Isn't that the same meaning What was it
                                For some reason, my post was duplicated. Can't delete a post, so just erased it. If I could actually delete a post (as on other boards), then you wouldn't have seen it to begin with. So no--not quite the same meaning.