new map function (Read 985 times)

On the top right of each map being created there's three map function buttons "return leg", "return to start", and "reverse route". I would like to propose a fourth; "return one point". Sometimes I run asterisk shaped routes. That means I'll jog from my house to a park, then down one way, back to the park, down another way, back,... and eventually back home. I used to use "return leg", and then chop off the excess points from the end. But now, with the (very nice) change so that a return leg is considered one point, that doesn't work. And even when it did, it wasn't perfect. I (perhaps I'm alone in this) find it much easier to hit a single button a bunch of times, than follow a previously laid out course back to where I'm going. Does this make sense? Do you think it would help anyone but me? Thank you very much, and again, thank you for the log.
    eric :)

Daniel, I'll have to think about how to do this one because it's a little more complicated than the existing variations of this concept. eric :-)
        That would be great because it's something that I do all the time.

PR's
        800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have this problem too. What I do is create the return leg, save the map, then go to edit it again and at that point I can delete the extra points at the end. I have to do the same thing to reverse a route and then delete a few points. Eric, your undo button is a true undo, but it would be nice if one could somehow have a way to undo the point that is the current finish rather than undo the last step.
          nick.doriot

I have had a need for something similar to this. I sometimes will combine my routes together when I am running rather than run a longer route. It would be nice if when I am entering a workout, I could enter more than one route and either a time for each route or a total time for the combined routes. This would be useful in my case, and I am sure in many others. Particularly if someone is running trails that are all interconnected. They could enter a route for each section of trail and then just piece the trails together when entering route information for a workout.
              Maybe it has been addressed already, but how about a button for gravel/dirt roads? This is what I mostly run on , but it is not a choice offered. Thanks
              eric :)

Trent: How can you not like a true undo? Anyway, the new log should allievate some of the editing difficulties by providing a quicker way to add and delete points. Hopefully it'll run a little faster too. nick.doriot: Piecing multiple routes together is beyond the capability of the log. While it's doable, my concern is that it may overly complicate what's already a complex entry form. I also do not know how to add this without redesigning much of the existing code so I would have to decline on this request for now. grantberg: other users have requested more types as well. This will not be included in the new log but I will consider adding it later. For now, you can use trails for non-blacktop running surfaces.