Happy Dopple Bock Day! (Read 2167 times)

I just came back from 17, and I'm beat.  Y'all are amazing.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Kalsarikännit

BadDawg, I thought of you out there, and I made sure to get at least 5 x 13.1.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I just came back from 17, and I'm beat.  Y'all are amazing.

I ran 20a at KM100 and everyone was congrating me. While I ran faster, they ran 5x longer. At FANS, I ran two laps (5sorry mi) and again people who ran 30x more were congrating me. Ultra folk are scary tenacious and kinda goofy.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
        Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Also, hearing what Don when trough and narrowly escaping a medical withdrawl, his last laps and short laps were a sight to see, way to come back.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Maggie & Molly

wow you all are beyond impressive.  I just puttered through a 6ish mile long run.  geez.......

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Great running from db, don wg and buzzy. Seeing the end of these runs is so cool.
              And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
              HermosaBoy

Great running from db, don wg and buzzy. Seeing the end of these runs is so cool.

+1

I was there for the finish of the 12 hour, but missed the 24 finish.

Remarkable athletes!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

BadDawg, I thought of you out there, and I made sure to get at least 5 x 13.1.

Sweet!  I am just floored by the demonstrations of endurance.  So much awesomeness.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

You are all just awesome for sure!

steph  

bhearn

Well???? It's over now, right?

Kalsarikännit

Did Bruce Leasure run in the wrong direction to get a -25 miles credit?  

Kalsarikännit

Did Bruce Leasure run in the wrong direction to get a -25 miles credit?  

I think he was the guy taking pictures.  There were two guys that just walked the loop and took pics for all 12 hours that I was out there.  They were there again in the morning when I did a loop with DB.  It was a bike path around a lake.  I don't know how different all these pics are going to be, or why they need 50 of each person.

that wasn't the day he wanted.  knowing he was not feeling the best the week leading into it I'm sure it was a tough day for him.  sorry to hear about that. 

that level of endurance running sure looks like a hell of a brutal sport.  I can harldy relate to that kind of training and effort and can only hope he can recover well. 

Go DB. 

Great running everybody. Cant imagine throwing down nearly 130 miles under any conditions let alone coughing the whole time. Great job with the 2nd place, WG! And Buzzie, any miles that soon after NC24 is amazing. I hit a training wall two weeks after NC24 where my legs were completely dead.