RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Slumdog Millionaire. Four Golden Globes, including Best Drama. Told ya so.
    I thought of you as I was watching that. I really was moved by Kate Winslet's reaction to her award, too...in a film her hubby directed. I really want to see both of those movies.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Recently saw a movie on recommendation from my friend's husband (who works at Hollywood Video). It was Felon, with Val Kilmer and Stephen Dorf. Never would have rented it had it not been for the recommendation, cause I hadn't heard anything about it, but it was really good. Not a movie that'll make you feel good at all, but it did make me think. On a completely unrelated note, watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle again this weekend. I'm sorry, I know this makes me seem like an immature pothead, but that is a FUNNY movie.
      2009 Goals:
      PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
      Run a 10K
      Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
      Complete my first Sprint Tri

The voice of mile 18

On a completely unrelated note, watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle again this weekend. I'm sorry, I know this makes me seem like an immature pothead, but that is a FUNNY movie.
        watched Pineapple express while on the elliptical last night pretty high body count for a stoner comedy. H&K go to white castle is a very funny movie wish I was watching that instead

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On a completely unrelated note, watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle again this weekend. I'm sorry, I know this makes me seem like an immature pothead, but that is a FUNNY movie.
          Neil Patrick Harris MAKES that movie...sequel, too. Damn, that dude is FUNNY! Did anyone catch him on SNL this past week?

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Neil Patrick Harris MAKES that movie...sequel, too. Damn, that dude is FUNNY! Did anyone catch him on SNL this past week?
            I thought he was great. Only minor disappointment was during his intro monologue -- the whole thing was set up to actually have Fred Savage appear, and I kept expecting it. Funny show -- proves they can still be good post-election, but I do miss Amy during the Weekend Update.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...I missed the monologue and probably the first half hour. Didn't even know he'd be on until I was flipping channels.

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I thought he was great. Only minor disappointment was during his intro monologue -- the whole thing was set up to actually have Fred Savage appear, and I kept expecting it.
                Ditto.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahaha...that Today show one was excellent--holy crap that chick does a spot-on Kathy Lee! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Finally saw the most recent iteration of Incredible Hulk. I heard it wasn't that good, but I liked it a lot. Loaded with references to the older versions. Even working in a shot of Bill Bixby. And that purple stretchy pants joke just doesn't get old. Plus lots of stuff got smashed. Double plus, while Hulk still looks CGI, he surely looked better than Ang Lee Hulk.

Imminent Catastrophe

I caught part of that in the hotel. Pretty good. Has anyone seen the sequel, where they go to Guantanamo? Sounds funny.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I caught part of that in the hotel. Pretty good. Has anyone seen the sequel, where they go to Guantanamo? Sounds funny.
                        It is funny (the critics were pretty harsh, but hello...it's supposed to be stupid)...the overall movie is not as good as the first, BUT I think NPH's part in this one is actually better.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Gran Torino. Thumbs up, a great movie.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

NPH was great on SNL. He is so darn charming and has such brilliant timing. I can watch anything with him. And I know you've seen Dr. Horrible, right (tried to do a search to see if mentioned in this thread, too lazy to check but nothing came up)? With NPH and Nathan Fillion, I knew it would be a fave of mine.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NPH was great on SNL. He is so darn charming and has such brilliant timing. I can watch anything with him. And I know you've seen Dr. Horrible, right (tried to do a search to see if mentioned in this thread, too lazy to check but nothing came up)? With NPH and Nathan Fillion, I knew it would be a fave of mine.
                              *swoons*

~ Sarah Kay