2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Carbs and Cabernet

One more day of this cold snap and back to normal winter time temperatures.

I am soooo glad you said that!

Day 15.  I decided to exercise my "just one mile and not an inch more" option. I need to stock up on serious winter gear if this endeavor is to last - dare I say it? - beyond January 1st...

joescott

Check for the run for the day.  Check for crossing the 2400 miles in 2013 goal.  Like Oldman, glad that it's finally supposed to warm up a wee bit.  At this point 20's and 30's will be most welcome!

BTW, Chris, when you first assigned me to go over 2400, I thought it would be more of a stretch because I couldn't do math and thought I had about 250 to go instead of 150.  Anyway, didn't mean to sandbag it by so much.  I only noticed last week sometime that 2400-2300 = 100 instead of 200!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Shall we assign Joe some math drills?  Smile

Day 400 today, not to brag, but to encourage the newer streakers.  You're where I was a year or so ago - just keep going!

CT JEFF

My streak is still alive, barely.  My pharyngitis/laryngitis/bronchitis is in full bloom and I can barely talk, yet my legs were up for getting out and moving (a little).  The biggest challenge was dealing with DW's wrath over this obsession. Smile She is convinced that running while sick will kill me; my retort is that running makes everything better.  You can see if my streak and my RA presence ends over the next day or two to find out whether DW was correct.

Today's run was a very minimal two miles.

I hear this. I did minimal miles the past 4 days. Not proud. But still gettiing out there. Stomach bug. I feel stupid because I feel fine around the house (and near the bathroom) but once bouncing around, its not pleasant. Trying to get some miles in today. Not trying to be negative against the streak. Im getting close to the interesting part. After 28 days (or 66) will this feel more natural? Already Ive gotten to the point where I can say that "mostly" I dont seem to need rest days. But the winter. The dark. The cold. The illness. Not sure about running through it all.

And the damn TM broke 4 days into this streak!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

mikeymike

The easy part of my streak is over as of today's chilly 7 miles. My flight to Oregon is in a couple hours and then things get interesting.

Runners run

npaden

The easy part of my streak is over as of today's chilly 7 miles. My flight to Oregon is in a couple hours and then things get interesting.

Going west is easy, you'll get 4 extra hours to get your run in on that day, it's the short day when you go back the other way that can get you.

On my travel day on Tuesday I needed that extra hour from the time change to get the run in under the gun, running around my hotel parking lot in the dark.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

mikeymike

The logistics of this trip are pretty absurd. Friday should not be a problem and I know I'll get at least a 10k run in on Saturday at 10:45 PST.

Sunday is the tough day ... flight leaves at 8:30am from Bend, I don't arrive in Boston until 9:40pm local time and I'll likely be pretty tuckered from racing.

Maybe I'll cheat and stage a beer mile for 12:01am Pacific on Sunday.

Runners run

npaden

The parking lot of the Denver airport works for sneaking a run in on a travel day.  I can speak from experience on that one.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

TJoseph

I got my run in today, but tomorrow is a travel day for me too.  I am travelling west, but I have to work in the morning and then leave for the airport around lunch time.  My flight lands at almost 9 PM and then I have a 100 mile drive home after getting my luggage and car.  I should get home about midnight.

6 on 16. Frosty. Not the dumbest thing I've done but not the smartest either.

Fanilow

If my foot doesn't hurt in the morning, I'm running tomorrow. I am still on vacation so that means I will probably be on a treadmill....those things terrify me. I'm pretty clutzy.

I lost my streak but I still want to run 80 miles.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Runner100

-

xhristopher

Maybe I'll cheat and stage a beer mile for 12:01am Pacific on Sunday.

That's the spirit.

xhristopher

Check for the run for the day.  Check for crossing the 2400 miles in 2013 goal.  Like Oldman, glad that it's finally supposed to warm up a wee bit.  At this point 20's and 30's will be most welcome!

BTW, Chris, when you first assigned me to go over 2400, I thought it would be more of a stretch because I couldn't do math and thought I had about 250 to go instead of 150.  Anyway, didn't mean to sandbag it by so much.  I only noticed last week sometime that 2400-2300 = 100 instead of 200!

I looked at your log and didn't see it either. You are still welcome to run 250.

What a delight! I opted to run after work in sunshine and above freezing temps. What a nice change - I actually had some skin exposed. . It was dark by the time I got home, but so lovely. Glad I just have turn left at the end of my driveway instead of the travel challenges many of you have.

Next two days will be deliberate 1 milers. Sunday is the Jingle Bell Run 5K - cool course in underground storage caves. With Santa and all, best part will be running in a reliable 60 degrees.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K