Trying to change my weight (Read 148 times)

robinde

I've been trying to change my weight and I can't seem to find where I entered it.  I've tried the "Options" and then profile settings.  My height, birthday, and other info is there, but not weight.  Help?

Dream Maker

Your daily runs has a place to enter weight

jicama

Did we win?

I've been trying to change my weight, too.  I've been hovering around 205 for a year now...

Smile

2014 races"

Heart & Sole Half-Marathon,  Goldsboro, NC, Feb.8, 2:22

Umstead Trail Marathon, Raleigh, NC, Mar. 1, 5:48

Johnston Health Champions 5K, Smithfield, NC, 26:53

Rattler Trail Half-Marathon, Sanford, NC, 2:52 (wow)

2013 races:

Heart & Sole Half-Marathon,  Goldsboro, NC, Feb. 2, 1:56:40 (PR)

New River Marathon, Todd, NC, May 4, 4:59:32 (PR)

Triple Lakes Trail Race (40 mile), Greensboro, NC, Oct. 5, DNF after 31 miles in 7:48

eric :)

I took out the weight fields from the profile editor, which is why you can't change them.  I might put them back in.  I will also redo the profile viewing page to clean everything up.  Do you want weight to be part of the profile?

Not dead. Yet.

It seems like weight should be on a profile instead of workouts.  It's an attribute of a person which the profile describes, and doesn't have anything to do with workouts.  You don't want to track how your weight changes during a workout.  Instead, you want track how it changes over weeks and months.  If you set up something nice for weight, you could easily do the same for body fat %. 

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

robinde

It seems like weight should be on a profile instead of workouts.  It's an attribute of a person which the profile describes, and doesn't have anything to do with workouts.  You don't want to track how your weight changes during a workout.  Instead, you want track how it changes over weeks and months.  If you set up something nice for weight, you could easily do the same for body fat %. 

I agree Smile

mikeymike

It seems like weight should be on a profile instead of workouts.  It's an attribute of a person which the profile describes, and doesn't have anything to do with workouts.

Except calculating work or energy used (for example calories burned) requires knowing your weight.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Except calculating work or energy used (for example calories burned) requires knowing your weight.

This.  And I have found that RA's estimate appears to be pretty legit VS what I see on MyFitnessPal.com...that overestimates burn by 20-25%, it appears.  RA even spits out reasonable #s for the road bike.  MFP appears to assume everyone's on a 30+# cruiser bike with the calorie burns they calculate for 15-20mph workouts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not dead. Yet.

Makes sense, but you shouldn't have to enter it for every workout.  I only update my weight every few days to few weeks and the workouts should just pull your current weight from your profile whenever it needs it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Makes sense, but you shouldn't have to enter it for every workout.  I only update my weight every few days to few weeks and the workouts should just pull your current weight from your profile whenever it needs it.

You don't have to enter it every time.  It automatically defaults to the weight most recently entered.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not dead. Yet.

You don't have to enter it every time.  It automatically defaults to the weight most recently entered.

I see.  Well that's good.  I'm a bit of a database geek so I get over excited thinking about data modeling.  lol.  Sorry.