Deleting Workout Type (Read 55 times)

Julia1971

Eric,

I tried troubleshooting this on my own but couldn't fix it.

Under my Run activities, I have a workout type named "Other" that I can't delete.  I've run a report (and even downloaded my entire log into Excel so I could sort the workouts), and I can't find any past workouts labelled "Other".  Can you delete it?

J

an amazing likeness

Julia -- you can't delete the default workout types, if you do they get re-created by the log.  Other is one of the defaults. (run,bike,swim,other off the top of my head).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Julia1971

Julia -- you can't delete the default workout types, if you do they get re-created by the log.  Other is one of the defaults. (run,bike,swim,other off the top of my head).

I thought about that but I went into some other people's logs and I don't see "Other" as an option under "Run"...  In case that's not clear what I'm talking about, I went into random people's logs, clicked on "Reports", then "New Search".  Under "Workout Info" I selected "Run" as the "Activity".  In the "Workout Type" drop-down, "Other" is not listed in some of their logs.  For example, I see you have "Other - (Mix)".

I was thinking the problem might be that my "Other" category used to be one of the mandatory categories that I renamed.  When I try to rename it to "Easy" for example, it says I already have that activity name even through I don't.  I use "Recovery" instead.

an amazing likeness

I'm probably giving you bogus advice, so hopefully Eric will jump in.

I went to Log -> Settings -> Manage my activities and was able to delete the Activity called 'Other'. But now I see you're discussing a workout type (which is my "Other (mix)").  The workout types are under Log -> Settings -> Manage my Activities -> click on Run -> Workout types are listed.  Which is where you are seeing the Other you can't delete.

Sorry, bad info from me in my reply...I was solving a different "other".

Julia1971

I'm probably giving you bogus advice, so hopefully Eric will jump in.

I went to Log -> Settings -> Manage my activities and was able to delete the Activity called 'Other'. But now I see you're discussing a workout type (which is my "Other (mix)").  The workout types are under Log -> Settings -> Manage my Activities -> click on Run -> Workout types are listed.  Which is where you are seeing the Other you can't delete.

Sorry, bad info from me in my reply...I was solving a different "other".

No worries.  I have a feeling I did something at some point that I shouldn't have done.  Or, Eric might be punking me.  I can't believe I would have created a category called "Other".  (Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I classifying things for a living, though, so I know I would try to find a name.)

eric :)

Hi Julia,

The "other" workout type in your log is a built in one that I presume you renamed a long time ago, which is why you can't delete it.  It should be "Hill".

eric Smile

an amazing likeness

Julia -- you can't delete the default workout types

Oh my, I am doing a little dance of joy.  Even a broken clock is right 2 times each day. On the other hand, I'm only right about anything 3-4 times per year in aggregate of all things...it is my day today for 1.

Julia1971

Hi Julia,

The "other" workout type in your log is a built in one that I presume you renamed a long time ago, which is why you can't delete it.  It should be "Hill".

eric Smile

That makes sense.  I don't do hills.  Smile