Lydiard Book for $2.98 on Amazon (Read 685 times)

derek

I've been searching high and low for any of Lydiard's books. I came across this on Amazon for $2.98 if any one else is interested: Running the Lydiard Way (Hardcover) I have to assume it's a price mistake, but I ordered one any way. It's says 4-6 weeks for delivery. I have Amazon Prime so I don't have to pay any shipping charges.

Derek

Now that was a bath...

Thanks for that. I purchased one too! I'm assuming you will get yours a long time before me so let me know when it arrives. That's incredible! It was really cool of you to pop on here and let us all know! Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

I got a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas... guess who's getting some Lydiard books herself next week... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

derek

I got a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas... guess who's getting some Lydiard books herself next week... Big grin
          It might be tough finding them at Barnes & Noble. They are hard to find as most are out of print. There are only a couple that are readily available. I managed to find "Running to the Top" through a website that helps you find out of print and rare books and even then, it's not expected to ship until mid-Jan.

Derek

derek

Thanks for that. I purchased one too! I'm assuming you will get yours a long time before me so let me know when it arrives. That's incredible! It was really cool of you to pop on here and let us all know!
            Just don't get your hopes up on getting it :-). I'm half-expecting to get an email from Amazon in the next couple weeks telling me that they canceled my order :-)

Derek

Wingz

Professional Noob

It might be tough finding them at Barnes & Noble. They are hard to find as most are out of print. There are only a couple that are readily available. I managed to find "Running to the Top" through a website that helps you find out of print and rare books and even then, it's not expected to ship until mid-Jan.
              Online. Found "Jogging with Lydiard" (ISBN:1841260703) and "Distance Training for Women Athletes" (ISBN:1841260029) both available. Found some older ones offered used, too, but I didn't get them.

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

Derek - I won't cry if I don't as I can get it at my libraray but I will certainly woot if it does arrive! Janell - you did well - the only one I have found easily available and cheap is 'Distance training for women'! I bought that one a few days ago. Enjoy your new books! Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                Scout7

If you like Lydiard, and decide to really get your geek on, go look at Tim Noakes' "Lore of Running". The first 4 chapters cover nothing but the physiology of running and training.