Rain gear in mild climates (Read 814 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi - I'm wondering what people wear when it's rainy and not particularly cold (I'm in central Calif.). Rain gear I've tried in the past just leaves me in a steambath. Arla

Ex runner

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wear my regular running clothes, which are moisture wicking. I get wet. It is great. I get wet in the summer heat when I sweat. I get wet when I run in the rain. When I am done running, I dry off.

Queen of 3rd Place

Even when it's pouring out? Today it's 48 and raining hard. Yes, I'm a wimpy Californicator. Arla

Ex runner

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

48 and raining hard is the BEST Big grin Go out and get wet!
          pandajenn19

I have a jacket with vents in the side that I wear when it is too cold to be soaked and too hot to be covered. The vents are extra zippers in the sides that look like pockets, but really they just let extra air out (and in). Maybe look for something like that?
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, but in a heavy rain, don't you get soaked under the jacket anyway?
                I just bought a nike winderbreaker that is waterproof yesterday, and wore it today (raining, 54 degrees). I liked it a lot-I was pretty warm but was also wearing a long sleeve tech and a compression shirt (testing shirts for a race). Its definitely a keeper and I can make it as warm as I want in the rain. Warmer rain-no shirt or sleeveless and have fun! It is black with a reflective strip around it for nightime running.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What he really means to say is HTFU! Wink 48 and pouring rain is fun! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pandajenn19

Yeah, but in a heavy rain, don't you get soaked under the jacket anyway?
                    Not yet, but then the heaviest rains I've been in were either in the summer, or while on my bike. The latter of which is no fun at all.
                      I'll be the second to agree. How can you not feel like a little kid out playing in the rain?

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I'm with Trent, the rain is great. That's coming from someone up in the Pacific Northwest though. It rains in the winter, spring, fall, and yes even in the summer. Go the other way, the more rain the less clothes. Oh, and what zoom-zoom said HTFU I just love that. Got to find one of those bracelets you guys have talked about.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and what zoom-zoom said HTFU I just love that. Got to find one of those bracelets you guys have talked about.
                          I really want one, too. I know they are available in the US, now. Smile The only thing that REALLY sucks in heavy rain is fleece. We had a pouring rain maybe a month ago that I got caught in. I was in a big, baggy fleece top and it got REALLY heavy. I had no idea that poly fleece could get so waterlogged. I think I must have weighed an extra 10#s when I got home. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay