Running my first Half Marathon (Read 375 times)

So i've finally decided to do it...i've only ever raced 5k's (lots and lots and lots of 5k's Wink) and i dont plan on racing this one (i'm going to be really really careful about going out at a 5k pace) LOL i mostly just want to finish it without being in too much pain because i didn't get to train for it properly (i was moving apartments and then got a really bad case of the flu so had about 2 weeks off!!! Confused) I"m pretty nervous about it....any advice for a first timer?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think you've already got the right idea for your first. After that you will have a better idea of what you might want to do different for your next, but I have found that taking it sort of easy for a race of a new distance helps me to feel confident--I know next time that I can do the distance, but next time I will actually run hard and make sure that my training is what it needs to be. When is your race? I think you will love it...I really enjoy those 15k-25k race distances. I have no interest in 5ks anymore. They seem to anti-climactic and over before I even have warmed-up fully. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's actually tomorrow morning...which i why i'm nervous LOL The weather is supposed to be good...cool with possible rain showers...i'm down here in Shreveport LA so cool is like 60 to 70 degrees Big grin
          good luck! have a good race