Lance Armstrong appears finally to have run out of rope. (Read 2702 times)

Hawt and sexy

Two weeks ago they were still all for this guy. Weird.

I'm touching your pants.

Imminent Catastrophe

Am I the only person to see parallels with Barry Bonds?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xhristopher

Am I the only person to see parallels with Barry Bonds?

and Marion Jones and Roger Clemens and ...
        xor

Sincere answer:

The cancer angle transcends all that.   He got extra doses of mojo from people begging him to succeed and be the super hero "because of all he has endured" and to show that "you can overcome."

And guess what.  Yes you can.  But that doesn't make you a good person.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What's the moral here?

You're allowed to cheat and lie and steal, if you're a cancer survivor. But you might get punished much, much later.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

What's the moral here?

You're allowed to cheat and lie and steal, if you're a cancer survivor. But you might get punished much, much later.

Lance is Robin Hood and he had a dopey team of Merry Men.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice.

They're men in tights! (Tight tights.)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4Ik-cyp-I

Purdey

Self anointed title

The cycling union will meet later this week to discuss whether to award the seven Tour de France titles -- from 1999 to 2005 -- to another rider.

As is the form for Olympic events.  If the gold medal winner is stripped of the title then the silver medal winner steps up.  The problem they face in cycling is that doping is so endemic that they are struggling to find another rider to take the title.

In fact, yesterday the cycling union contacted me to inform me that I was now the winner of the 2005 TdF as I had once hired a bike during a vacation in Paris.

Feeling the growl again

In fact, yesterday the cycling union contacted me to inform me that I was now the winner of the 2005 TdF as I had once hired a bike during a vacation in Paris.

Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats to Purdey!!

But Purdey, try to stay away from the dope(s) that you will soon find all about you.

"Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling and he deserves to be forgotten in cycling," [UCI president] McQuaid said at a news conference. "This is a landmark day for cycling."

"a landmark day for cycling"...................The open admission that almost a decade worth of cycling was completely bogus.  Am I the only one that thinks this is about the worst thing that could happen for the sport.  The UCI's opinion is that Lance should be forgotten, I think the sport of cycling should be forgotten.

"a landmark day for cycling"...................The open admission that almost a decade worth of cycling was completely bogus.  Am I the only one that thinks this is about the worst thing that could happen for the sport.  The UCI's opinion is that Lance should be forgotten, I think the sport of cycling should be forgotten.

I would go that far...  Blame on the act of doping; but not necessarily the person(s) who doped.  Or, maybe blame on the doper(s) but not the sport that person had participated in.  My brother-in-law is a competitive cyclist.  Not at the level of competing internationally but good enough to have won some prize money locally.  He loves cycling and we bike quite a bit too.  The fact is; I would hate to someday see the truth be revealed and someone would say; "the sport of running should be forgotten..."  It's not running's fault; but people who had been involved with the scandal.  Same with cycling.  Maybe Armstrong or McQuaid should be criticized but not the sport of cycling.

Sure, it's weird to say that there's no winner in the biggest cycling competition in the world for a decade.  But then again, if I remember it correctly, I don't think we have the gold medal winner in the women's 100m final from Sydney Olympics.  We are (running is) not that far behind.

The fact is; this could be the best thing that had ever happened for the sport.  Now we know.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

The fact is; this could be the best thing that had ever happened for the sport.  Now we know.

As usual, Nobby is spot on. I totally agree with the above statement and really hope that is the case.

TRUST THE PROCESS

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Now available from The Onion store:

The Cheat to Win Bracelet (I think they should've called it Cheatstrong or Dopestrong)

Le Cheat to Win T-shirt

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.