We're #1 !!!!! (Read 331 times)

mikeymike

Okay, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota.

North Dakota is a small sample and is having an oil boom, which may have contributed to its rapid upswing. With probably some spillover effect on South Dakota. Montana it seems has been more consistently happy--they have that big sky and whatnot.

Whereas it appears life has sucked rather consistently in Mississippi, Kentucky, and West Virginia.

Runners run

Joann Y

North Dakota is a small sample and is having an oil boom, which may have contributed to its rapid upswing. With probably some spillover effect on South Dakota. Montana it seems has been more consistently happy--they have that big sky and whatnot.

Whereas it appears life has sucked rather consistently in Mississippi, Kentucky, and West Virginia.

That makes sense.

And Illinois, as usual, has no passion. Not so great at running and happiness. And not so great at sucking.

MTA: I should be happy. At least my parents had some sense to move me out of Alabama at the age of one. No offense to anyone of course.

joescott

It seems nobody should get too proud.    The fastest average pace = 10:06.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Village people

But you have the number one spot in cars overturned during pumpkin festivals, so that's something.

I will have to verify that but until then, I am claiming the title. Woot!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It seems nobody should get too proud.    The fastest average pace = 10:06.

La di dah, we don't even care what our pace is.  Happy ...

Joe, move a few miles north and you zing from #20 to #3.  From 43 to 3 if you consider yourself a Missourian.  Better than happy pills.

Did anyone else notice that it seems that the most politically conservative states were at the bottom of the list?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Did anyone else notice that it seems that the most politically conservative states were at the bottom of the list?

That doesn't hold at the upper end of the list, the top three states being cases in point.

MTA:  And New York, that cesspool of liberalism, doesn't seem to be doing too well.

Kalsarikännit

I bet the South would do better if there was a deep-fried-butter flavored gu.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I bet the South would do better if there was a deep-fried-butter flavored gu.

No, no, no...deep fried Oreo.

mta:  our county fair starts tomorrowSmile

steph  

No, no, no...deep fried Oreo.

mta:  our county fair starts tomorrowSmile

I can't decide if I think that should taste good.

Feeling the growl again

A different tangent, but what the heck are the folks in the states with incredibly low miles doing instead?

Montana?  North Dakota?  South Dakota?  Wyoming?....

Based on their low poulations, clearly it ain't making babies...

Those states are awful places to run.  Open, windswept, and few roads.  They are also states with less consistent internet access to frequent a site like Runkeeper.  Rural folks also tend to run less than urban folks, in general.

I've spent a decent amount of time in those states over the past few years and the happiness scores do not surprise me.   The people that love the lifestyle and stay really love it.  Which is why the oil boom is not responsible for North Dakota's happiness, it was that way before.  While they have the lowest unemployment the skyrocketing living expenses, crime, car accidents, and crowds have led to a lot of people from the oil boom region relocating to the east half of the state to get rid of it.  The natives had little good to say about the oil boom last year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I can't decide if I think that should taste good.

Kind of like a brownie.  I admit that I've actually only tried it once out of curiosity.

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do they have deep fried pop tarts?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Do they have deep fried pop tarts?

Probably not  sweet enough Smile

steph