Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

OK -- for serious now.

Ran some strong 800m intervals (5x) in the middle of a 10-mile run during the middle of a 101 degree day. And it felt good and right.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Purdey pleased?

Aahhh - just got that - it probably only works really well if you speak with an American accent. 

Well played though anyway.

RunsForCake

Purdey pleased?

With sugar on top and a cherry?

RunsForCake

OK -- for serious now.

Ran some strong 800m intervals (5x) in the middle of a 10-mile run during the middle of a 101 degree day. And it felt good and right.

*thud*

Temps like that are exactly why I'm a pre dawn runner.

Great job and how much weight were you down when you got back...I'm sure you probably sweated out at least 5 lbs. 

...---...

this is a great thread,  should be weekly, maybe every Monday after weekend races/runs.  what does everyone think??

Yep - good thread. Bares repeating or continuation (if not repeating, maybe a sticky). 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Great job and how much weight were you down when you got back...I'm sure you probably sweated out at least 5 lbs. 

Right around there, yeah. I drank quite a bit at the 8-mile mark, so the weight loss didn't look too terribly drastic.

Purdey --

Those are some serious numbers you are posting. Good job.

Had the longest run (time wise) of my life today. Ran for 3 hours and 14 minutes, and covered 23.4 miles on a very hilly course. My 10 year old son rode his bike along side.  I was surprised he wanted to ride for that long and for that distance given the run started at 5:00 am.
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

13 mile run today. 3 months in a row with over 100 miles. The last time was May,June and July 2008.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Beware, batbear...

11.77 miles today.  My first run ever of 2 hrs!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

peggya111

Didn't run today but I went ROCK CLIMBING for the FIRST time in my entire 55 years!  I was always too fat and in my mind, I just couldn't put myself through the embarrassment of hanging up there in all my 200+ pounds.  Not so anymore.  Scratch this one off the Bucket List!!

Upcoming Races Disneyland Half AF Halloween Fun Run Disney World Half Ogden Marathon (I think...)
                      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

- Thank goodness for patient understanding spouses and a strong lawnmower engine.

+1 Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

This morning I fell 2.5k in to my run.  Scraped hands, knees and side of my leg.  But no serious injury so I got up and carried on and finished my 20k run Smile
                            I survived a long night at work with super stiff and twinging legs after my 2nd 20 miler yesterday.. and broke 20 days consecutive running, which is a big milestone for me because even in my hardcore high school XC days it was 5 1/2 days a week (1/2 is for the easy saturday jog-around), albeit 5 of those days had 2 workouts each.
                            RunsForCake

I love this thread...so motivating!

I ran my own personal half marathon yesterday (13.11 miles)

No water stations though... LOL!

thewillhoit

Yesterday, I ran 15 miles.  First time I have gone that far.