How many miles did you run in 2014? (Read 354 times)

emmbee

queen of headlamps

887, which I'll take as a newbie.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

3086, short of my goal of 3650 miles but I kept getting hurt the second half of the year.

Leah, mother of dogs

jingchunyu

I run 500 miles. This prompts me to ask a question.  When I show summary in training log, it already shows this years milage, how do I set the cutoff date as 31DEC2014 to get last year summary?

DaBurger

you can create a Report which groups workouts/runs by year.  I have one saved that goes from the year that I started logging on RA through years into the future so I can look at it pretty quickly.

Know thyself.

I made it 2001.3, just over my goal of 2000.  Bronchitis in early December made it much closer than it should have been.

2,371  miles for the year. Most proud of my 81,300+ miles run since 4/76. Not too shabby for an old fart, closing in on 72! Love the old Nike ad that stated, "There is no finish line", well maybe the cemetery. I appreciate every day and am more grateful for the gift that has allowed me to run over the years and compete in over 500 races, from 1 mile to 100K. I will tell you my secret: good genes and running 2-3 minutes slower than race pace for 95%+ of my runs. Into my 40's I would run in the  high 17's for a 5 K, now I am happy to finish in the 24's. If you want to run for the rest of your life, slow down. Nick

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

12.8mi.   if you count trotting to avoid being run over in the road.....17.37mi.  I need a shower beer

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

joescott

2,371  miles for the year. Most proud of my 81,300+ miles run since 4/76. Not too shabby for an old fart, closing in on 72! Love the old Nike ad that stated, "There is no finish line", well maybe the cemetery. I appreciate every day and am more grateful for the gift that has allowed me to run over the years and compete in over 500 races, from 1 mile to 100K. I will tell you my secret: good genes and running 2-3 minutes slower than race pace for 95%+ of my runs. Into my 40's I would run in the  high 17's for a 5 K, now I am happy to finish in the 24's. If you want to run for the rest of your life, slow down. Nick

Nice!  Thanks for posting this!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

brianogilvie

Greetings, Earthlings!

364 miles, in my first year of regular running since...I'm not sure, probably 1997. I did have to take 2 months off to recover from an injury.

Also, 3,204 miles of cycling.

11 miles in 2014.  17,250 miles for the previous 10 years.  Don't ever get a partial achilles tendon tear.  Been living with it for 15 months and it's showing no signs of ever getting back to normal.

Probably about 1000 km in 6 months. Hopefully more this year.