2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sorry about your fall, Julia. Glad it wasn't any more serious.

northernman

Fight The Future

Hope you're healed up and raring to go Julia. Don't worry about the cold, it will only help (until the race is over, then it will suck). Some of my best races have been when there was still some snow on the ground. Just watch out for that ice...

Julia1971

Updated the main post to reflect we get our bib numbers on March 13th!  And, there wasn't enough interested in the RA meet up before the race.

Oh, and my knee is doing well.  Still scabby but I'm just glad I didn't injure it.

Glad the knee is doing well Julia and GOOD LUCK with your upcoming goal race marathon!

And yikes, March 13 is soon and April 20 is almost as soon---better start training. Kidding I am, sort of...

#artbydmcbride

Will the snow be gone in time for them to hold that race?   

Runners run

Will the snow be gone in time for them to hold that race?   

Do you mean: "will the snow be melted by the race" or do you mean "will it stop snowing by the race?"

FSBD

Do you mean: "will the snow be melted by the race" or do you mean "will it stop snowing by the race?"

Either way the answer is no.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

mikeymike

The current plan is to hope that it melts.

In Newton, the grassy area between the carriage road and Commonwealth Avenue is usually packed with spectators on race day. Right now, it’s packed with snow and ice.

“I’m hoping Mother Nature really helps out on that one,” said Newton Police sergeant Jay Babcock. “I’m not saying there’s no plans to remove snow there. That’s just not the focus now.

The good news is that winter seems to be finally loosening its grip. The high is supposed to be above freezing in 9 of the next 10 days with a few of those days showing 40s and no major rain--so hopefully it's a nice slow and steady melt with no flooding.

Runners run

I look my best blurry!

Does anyone really believe that they would cancel the marathon?  Let me know ASAP before I go do another long run on the cold icy roads.  Tick tock tick tock..... sipping cocoa.... what to do, what to do.....

bhearn

It would be the first time in 119 years.

mikeymike

Second time, actually. But this isn't exactly the Great War we're dealing with here. The race will run.

Runners run

bhearn

You mean 1918. The race was still held, though it was a 10-man relay that year. I think the closest it's come to being cancelled was 2007, with the nor'easter that passed through just in time.

Number and waves are up on BAA.

3:12:22 got me wave 2 corral 1.

mikeymike

Number and waves are up on BAA.

3:12:22 got me wave 2 corral 1.

Jackpot!

Runners run

I know, but Vermont is supposed to be the goal marathon. This isn't going to end well for me.

Jackpot!