New York City Marathon (Read 749 times)

Anyone have pizza?

Besides me, whoever is fortunate enough to be running this year, may be in for pretty decent weather. So far, the low is 44 the high is 55.
      Sounds perfect! I'm looking forward to it.

Imminent Catastrophe

I wish. I didn't get in the lottery Angry Have fun and don't stand near the edge of the bridge!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'd love to be running NY, but since dh and I sign up to do marathons together. I doubt both of us would of won the lottery Sad One year though! Have fun and enjoy!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

bas

A group of people from my Amsterdam running club will be there. Would be great if the weather cooperates! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

You can find a really interesting preview of NYC at http://www.idlewords.com/2003/11/the_new_york_city_marathon_now_it_can_be_told.htm Be sure to pay attention to the timing mat information, our hero Maciej saved one fellow runner from missing it. Here's a snippet: Immediately over the bridge stands a big mustachioed cop with sunglasses, straight out of central casting. "Welcome to the Bronx, ladies and gentlemen!" he yells. "Do you know what people do when they come into the Bronx?" "What?" we all say. "THEY RUN OUT OF THE BRONX!" Message received. Good luck Alex and Kevin, I'm really looking forward to your reports.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm not running but I was in NY yesterday and had some time so I stopped by the Expo. What a great vibe going though that place.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

I'm not running this year, but I ran last year. I really loved the race, but I was disappointed in the crowds. I was in that "sweet" spot between the excitement of the elites and the excitement of the crowds, and even when I yelled and heckled the crowd they still just stared blankly at me as I ran by. Good luck, it's looking like a good weekend! And don't forget to go to central park tomorrow morning and watch the trials race! I wish I was there to see it; I'll be watching on the tv/computer.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A friend is running it, his first marathon. Apparently, his nephew gets a lottery pick as he works for the NYTC which organizes the event. Good luck to all of you participating!
                      Wishing ALL the BEST to NYC marathoners. Live the dream! Big grin

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Anyone have pizza?

Thanks everybody! I will do my best to make all of us RA'ers proud!!