Garmin 910XT swim import (Read 868 times)

Tried searching for this problem but couldn't find a resolution...

Having trouble with my swim interval units when importing from my Garmin 910XT watch. My default swim unit (meters) is used in the calendar view, but when viewing the workout details, the intervals are changed to mile units instead of meters (set to meters on Garmin watch). Any idea how to fix this other than manually changing every interval distance and unit? I don't have any rest intervals.

Here's an example:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f8dd0bd2a1d9496a8c1ae834ba8e73f0/workouts/6242b6307375473cbe7349b8010445ae

Thanks!

Tried searching for this problem but couldn't find a resolution...

Having trouble with my swim interval units when importing from my Garmin 910XT watch. My default swim unit (meters) is used in the calendar view, but when viewing the workout details, the intervals are changed to mile units instead of meters (set to meters on Garmin watch). Any idea how to fix this other than manually changing every interval distance and unit? I don't have any rest intervals.

Here's an example:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f8dd0bd2a1d9496a8c1ae834ba8e73f0/workouts/6242b6307375473cbe7349b8010445ae

Thanks!

Go to Settings > Manage My Activites > Swim (or whatever you called it) and change the default distance units to meters, then save.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I already tried that...didn't work. I had it previously set to yards, but updated it to meters yesterday. Do I have to re-import the workout from the Garmin 910XT?

Any other suggestions other than manually changing each interval units to meters?

I already tried that...didn't work. I had it previously set to yards, but updated it to meters yesterday. Do I have to re-import the workout from the Garmin 910XT?

Any other suggestions other than manually changing each interval units to meters?

I don't have a 910xt so I'm not sure if it is an issue with swim workout uploads and RA or not. I would delete that workout and try it again now that you've changed the default distance unit to meters.

On a different note, are you now swimming at a different pool that you've changed from yards to meters?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe if you do the workouts again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I don't have a 910xt so I'm not sure if it is an issue with swim workout uploads and RA or not. I would delete that workout and try it again now that you've changed the default distance unit to meters.

On a different note, are you now swimming at a different pool that you've changed from yards to meters?

I'll see what happens when I import tomorrow's swim.

I swam in a 25y pool primarily in 2011. However, in April I switched pools to a 25m but never changed my default units. I'm still getting used to converting my scy times into scm!

Maybe if you do the workouts again.

I don't want to redo my workout! Just kidding. Smile I know what you mean.

eric :)

I'm not sure if this is bug or missing feature.  Either way, I updated the code to display the intervals in the activity's distance unit.  Let me know if you see any problems.

I'm not sure if this is bug or missing feature.  Either way, I updated the code to display the intervals in the activity's distance unit.  Let me know if you see any problems.

Great. Thanks Eric! The intervals now show up in the default swim unit. However, they are a little off I'm guessing due to rounding errors.

For example, I did 150m interval during the workout. When I imported it from the watch, it appeared in miles as 0.09mi. Now with your code change it appears in meters as I hoped, but it's 144.8m.

I bet this isn't a problem when I upload my next swim workout as it will never have rounded to miles. I'll update again once I upload tomorrow's swim workout.

Thanks!

Brian,

That's correct.  If you reupload your workout, the number will be exact.  The change I made can't do much about the existing data since the conversion has already been made and the precision is lost.

Great. Thanks Eric! The intervals now show up in the default swim unit. However, they are a little off I'm guessing due to rounding errors.

For example, I did 150m interval during the workout. When I imported it from the watch, it appeared in miles as 0.09mi. Now with your code change it appears in meters as I hoped, but it's 144.8m.

I bet this isn't a problem when I upload my next swim workout as it will never have rounded to miles. I'll update again once I upload tomorrow's swim workout.

Thanks!

Ha! Funny... mine did the same thing.  One quick interval converted to 17.6yds (25yd pool)

I've recently started swimming and thought maybe I still had some settings to tweak.  Thanks for the quick fix Eric!!

Matt

Hey Eric. I imported my bike and run workouts from the 910XT and now the intervals are appearing in meters too. I double checked my settings and the default unit for both bike and run is still miles. The correct unit is still used in the overall workout distance. Is this an oversight in your code update?

Thanks so much for your support with this!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Today's run splits showed up in meters for me, which they've never done before -- maybe related to this?

Are you only seeing the intervals in meters in edit mode only?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Are you only seeing the intervals in meters in edit mode only?

Yes, now that you mention it -- only in edit mode.