Your Long Run IMix (Read 858 times)

Prophet!

Don't know if there's a thread like this elsewhere but what do you all got on your Ipods (or other mp3 players, walkmen,CD, or just singing in your head) for your long runs...here's one of my hour+ long mix..making these is as much fun as saying Fartlek ten times super fast... Send me on my way – Rusted Root Section 9 (Light and Day/Reach for the Sun) – The Polyphonic Spree Don’t Look Away – Joshua Radin Talk – Coldplay Breakdown (ft.Jack Johnson) –Handsome Boy Modeling Club Punk as Fu%$ - The American Analog Set Aaron & Maria – The American Analog Set Stuck in A Moment – U2 Excuse Me Mr. – No Doubt Whats The Frequency Kenneth – REM Forever Young –Youth Group Remember the Name – Fort Minor Hey Julie – Fountains of Wyne Go ask Yer Dad – The Tyde Sitting Waiting Wishing – Jack Johnson Sabotage – Beastie Boys All My Bastard Children – The Tyde 1979 – Smashing Pumpkins Santeria – Sublime Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol The One You Knew – Joshua Radin Do You Wanna – Joshua Radin

You'll ruin your knees!

Everything ever recorded by Selah, Point of Grace and some Avalon. I've also got some Edgar Winter, Grand Funck Railroad, Michael Martin Murphy, Nora Jones (oooooohhhh, she can really coo in my ear! Wink), all the Circle stuff from Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (and friends)...and then some...I have to have lots of stuff, cause I might listen for 3 or 4 hours at a time... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I like the mixes at www.djsteveboy.com - he's got them arranged to have a consistant BPM, which can be a nice little trick if your pace tends to wander a little bit... It's techno music - took a little getting used to for this country fan!

Roads were made for journeys...

best long run song for me is Citizen Cope: Son's Gonna Rise... I don't run with an iPod or anything, but that song always comes in my head towards the end of a long run. Probably due to the words "The son's gonna rise in a mile, in a mile you'll be feeling fine..."
            I don't run with any music either...just the birds, the trees , the cows & sometimes a donkey. But, I always manage to get something horrible that my kids like stuck in my head. For example, any songs from the teen movie, "Cheetah Girls", or the theme song from a Norwegian book about a little duck & his trip to the city!!
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Every Bruce Springsteen recorded album and many many recorde springsteen concerts. A bit of a Springsteen junkie.
              vicentefrijole

I don't run with any music either...just the birds, the trees , the cows & sometimes a donkey. But, I always manage to get something horrible that my kids like stuck in my head. For example, any songs from the teen movie, "Cheetah Girls", or the theme song from a Norwegian book about a little duck & his trip to the city!!
                That sounds bad... I've done some long runs with Nintendo music stuck in my head.. ugh.

Prophet!

if i run without my music after a few miles crazy things start popping into my head like work and deadlines...and that's a run killer right there Smile
                  Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

That sounds bad... I've done some long runs with Nintendo music stuck in my head.. ugh.
                    Does that make you feel like Mario or Luigi? My MP3 player died mysteriously last week. I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship me my new one. Until then, I'm cutting my runs short, or find people to run with. *sigh*
                    vicentefrijole

Does that make you feel like Mario or Luigi?
                      I think it was "Legend of Zelda"... (it was awhile ago). Big grin
                        Does that make you feel like Mario or Luigi? My MP3 player died mysteriously last week. I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship me my new one. Until then, I'm cutting my runs short, or find people to run with. *sigh*
                        Honestly, given your current injury/PT status, are short runs such a bad thing?? Maybe your MP3 player dying was some sort of divine sign, you think??? Surprised
                        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really need an iPod...I absolutely love Pink's latest single (U + Ur Hand) and it would totally get me pumped! I have a great list of tracks on iTunes that would be perfect for running, but I have to settle for listening at home or burning CDs for the car. Having tunes with me on some runs (at least the ones when I'm not alone out in the boonies and need to be able to hear everything around me) would definitely would be preferable to the sorts of earworms I usually get in my head when I run...like the Llama song or the Badger song... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cryptic

My regular training play list is 6 hours long and on shuffle so I always get something different and I am not going to bore everyone with what songs are on it however this is my 5k play list. I like it Tongue weezer- Hash pipe weezer- Island in the sun Live- Shit Towne Rage against the machine- Bulls on Parade u2- beautiful day A perfect circle- Passive weezer- perfect situation Filter- Nice shot man Rage against the Machine- Killing in the name of I didn't realize i was such a fan of weezer lol My other play list has everything from Johnny Cash to NIN days of the new u2 cold play the Killers rage nin collective soul saliva chevelle bob seager billy squire blind melon breaking benjamin creed spin doctors eve 6 fuel filter tantric garbage god smack here come the mummies(herecomethemummies.com anyone in nashville, chattanooga and indianapolis should check these guys out great live show...bring the significant other) hinder live marcy play ground nickle back radiohead seether sound garden silver chair smashing pumpkins tool thousand foot krutch weezer a perfect circle alice in chains bush candle box counting crows cracker green day incubus janes addiction spin doctors beatie boys mettalica dave matthews band lincoln park offspring