Thank you to the RA community. (Read 2112 times)

an amazing likeness

One year ago today, on April 1, 2010, I ran my first full run (no walking, ran 3 miles) since getting injured in Oct 2009.  I’m not certain that I would have returned to steady running without the support and encouragement I’ve gotten from the RunningAHEAD community in so many forms over the past 17 months.

Please, no replies to this posting -- just accept my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for your messages, for freely sharing your experiences, and for the leadership and example so many of you show quietly (and not so quietly) in your running logs.  You’ve moved me to keep moving through it all.

Thank you.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

reply.

L Train

So why haven't you run today?

(there's my support and encouragement)

#artbydmcbride

((MilkTruck))

Runners run

I look my best blurry!

Get over it!  I want to thank you for the inspiration you've given me every chance I get!!!  

Am I doing this right?

I wonder how many pages a post asking for no replies can get to....

No excuses....

I look my best blurry!

I bet quite a few.  

Imminent Catastrophe

Please, no replies to this posting ...

Don't tell me what to do!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ain't replyin.

But if I were to reply, I would say:

• You are welcome
                    • +1; I echo your appreciation. RA peeps were there for me too in my time of need!
                    Tramps

I didn't spend much time lurking a year ago, so I only realized your situation long after the incident.  Once I read about it, though, I was amazed at your progress. Nice job.  Inspirational really. 

See?  You're passing it on already, without even realizing it.

BTW, this is no reply at all.

Be safe. Be kind.

Prince of Fatness

I am not going to reply to say that you are welcome.  What I will do is thank you.  I had a stupid injury last year that came close to make me consider just giving up running.  I was frustrated.  But then I saw folks like you sticking with it.  You got run over by a car, and you didn't quit.  Thanks Andy, and keep it rolling.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Andy, you are one cool dude. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am not going to reply to say that you are welcome.  What I will do is thank you.  I had a stupid injury last year that came close to make me consider just giving up running.  I was frustrated.  But then I saw folks like you sticking with it.  You got run over by a car, and you didn't quit.  Thanks Andy, and keep it rolling.

+1.

(I'm replying to MrPH, not to MilkTruck.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Outside Lane

Keep trucking and thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7oXcareQhw

See how they run...

Keep up the good work and congrats.