Iron (Read 1241 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I watched the Louisville Ironman swim-bike transition and bunches of the bike yesterday. Thems some good athletes! And quite a few everyperson looking folk as well... Hot day, but everybody I know did great!
    mikeymike

One of my lunch time running partners just walked past my desk showing me her cofirmation for the 2008 Ford Louisville Iron Man. She's insane.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They say Louisville is now the hardest one...
          Huge congratulations to everyone joining the ironman family in Louisville this weekend. it definitely didn’t look like the easiest conditions. mikeymike - insane is almost considered an entry condition Smile
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody run the Ironman in Madison?

The voice of mile 18

no but have heard it hilly and can be very hot but excellent crowds. there are some reports over at trinewbies.com if you are interested.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

The Coeur D Alene IM was pretty brutal. The water conditions were so choppy that they gave the racers an option to skip it and compete in a duathlon instead. And then the bike course was so tough that Mike Reilly (The Voice of Ironman) fell the Friday and ended up in the hospital. Ironman athletes amaze me. I might be able to do a duathlon someday, but I'm not a strong enough swimmer to imagine even trying to compete someday.
                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

The voice of mile 18

FYI there is a rumour of a new iron distance race (not a "real" ironman) in wilmington NC next November and my lousy .02 the off season is a great time to learn swimming it is excellent cross training and now impact to the knees.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy