Ogden Half - my first real one... (Read 600 times)

peggya111

This is half "WooHoo, i did it" and half race report. I finished the Ogden Half Marathon this morning and it was only the 2nd time I have run the full distance. I am not fast, but I didn't die and I wasn't last (always afraid I am going to be DAL Dead The first part of the race is run through beautiful Ogden Canyon in Utah. I loved running by the waterfalls. I had a blast up to mile 10 or so. Then they routed us onto a city parkway that I thought would never end. It was pretty, but I felt very restricted and claustrophobic in there. I wasn't sure how long it lasted and the last mile I was about bananas. But I got through it. You come out onto the street that has the finish line about a mile or so away. The volunteers and aid stations were awesome. Tons of support, water, powerade, GU, apples, oranges, bananas - and I am not talking about the end, I am talking all along the way. Very well done. Fun, chunky, rectangular medal and nice long sleeve tech shirt (which I did not wear - I have to wear the same thing at every race for some weird reason...) I got through it in 2:35:12 (according to my Garmin - haven't got the official times yet) - not bad for being almost 55 and having started seriously running less than 7 months ago. Anyway, on to the next target - the Pioneer Day Classic 10K in July, then the Disneyland Half in September. Happy running...
    Upcoming Races Disneyland Half AF Halloween Fun Run Disney World Half Ogden Marathon (I think...)

Member Since 2008

Good job Peggy, you need to find a full marathon now.
      redleaf

Woohoo! That's great. I love that you already have two more lined up!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

That was a great start Peggy...... you should be very happy with that race.....GOOD JOB>>>

Champions are made when no one is watching

pitrunner

Stellar debut!! Keep up the good work!
            Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Awesome!

TRUST THE PROCESS

not bad for being almost 55 and having started seriously running less than 7 months ago.
                I would say it's a lot better than not bad, well done!

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.