Perfect (But Lesser Known) Songs that get your Ipod Poppin! (Read 897 times)

Chasing the bus

Oldies at 180 - ish;

Lovely Rita, Beatles (177)

You Can't always get What You Want, Stones (178)

Gigantic, Pixies (180)

I Bombed Korea, Cake (181)

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
    Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I just discovered a band called Bombay Bicycle Club.  Holy crap, brilliant musicianship, at least on the one I bought, So Long, See You Tomorrow.  One of the reviewers on Amazon commented that when he listened for the first time, the experience was akin to the first time he heard Sgt. Pepper's... .  Not that it's as good as that album, but just the revelation of a completely new aesthetic, a new approach to production and songwriting.  I can't get enough of it.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I forgot about a band, Steel panther, anything by these guys is CLASSIC

TortisHELL

Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa

CMJHawk86

This one came up on my playlist a couple of days ago, a forgotten favorite:

Will Smith - I'm Comin' - YouTube

Joann Y

Alabama Shakes - Hold On

Been listening to them for a little while now. Saw there is a nice NYT Magazine article on them last week. Good stuff.

Joann, Just heard of them recently.        Not exactly similar, but reminded me of an older song about a quarter-century old now:

"Closer to Fine".       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgwM1Ky228

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

this album sends your ipod running in terror.

Joann Y

Joann, Just heard of them recently.        Not exactly similar, but reminded me of an older song about a quarter-century old now:

That opening riff from Hold On reminds me of some old country song and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out. Something like Kenny Rogers, Alabama, George Jones. Oof, I don't know. Not Indigo Girls though Smile

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Alabama Shakes - Hold On

Been listening to them for a little while now. Saw there is a nice NYT Magazine article on them last week. Good stuff.

Awesome song. They have other great stuff. Her voice is very Janis Joplin-esque. Love it.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

northernman

Fight The Future

Bang Bang

Jessie J

Brett Dennen - That's My Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhchCgkNJA

Awesome song about the Comeback Kid!

Joann Y

Oh my gosh this is so good. Swans.. Lunacy. The whole album is epic. Planning on pummeling myself with it on my long run tomorrow. It's a must listen for anyone into noise, metal, drone type stuff. Mogwai-ish.