Links in New Windows (Read 814 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, we have mentioned this before. Right now, links in RA open in the same window. Nearly EVERY other forum or website I use opens external links into new windows. So on RA, whever I open a link, use that page, and then am done, I close the window/tab. And then I realize, "Doh! I just closed the window/tab with RA in it." And I need to open a new window/tab and reload RA. I make this mistake EVERY time, and I am a fairly savvy computer user Wink I know you do not like popups as a general rule. But this is not a random or unsolicited popup, it is a webpage that I have specifically asked for. I'd love external links to open in a new window/tab. Alternatively, I'd love a preference so that you do not have to make this a general rule if you do not like like popups. Thanks!

Cryptic

I 2nd that. A really easy fix at that unless you make it an option then you are up for some work.

Now that was a bath...

Would that help with the fact that I write half a reply - click on someone's log to check I have my info right and then realise that my reply is gone when I return! Doh! It would be great if profiles/logs could open in a fresh window so that dorks like me don't have to retype replies! Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Me four! Me four! New window, pleeeeeeeese!

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Ok. You win. I've added to my todos. c65
            Wingz

Professional Noob

YAAAAYYYY!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

Ok. You win. I've added to my todos. c65
                You are far too patient. A veritable saint. A holy man with a wholly too long list of to do's to do. I would have said: "Right click - open new window - voila! - now zark off." But then, this is why you're a saint.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Cryptic

in the mean time if you hold down control as you click the link it should open a new window for you anyway but don't tell eric Tight lipped
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Indeed, y'all are correct. A right click or a control-click and bingo, no worries. Now somebody please remind me to right click or control click Big grin Eric, you are awesome! No matter what JN says Wink
                      Or for Firefox fans, middle click on the link and have the window appear in a new tab. Wink
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Or for Firefox fans, middle click on the link and have the window appear in a new tab. Wink
                        If'n you have a triple mouse. I have no mouse...
                          You can right click and open a new tab in IE 7 too. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with IE 7 so far.

Runners run

Quick question: do you want a new window for all links in the forums, or just the links to users' logs and profiles?
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

External links should spawn new windows. Internal links should stay in the same window.

External links should spawn new windows. Internal links should stay in the same window.
                                Define external vs. internal. Are links to users' logs external or internal? Many people want a new window for that.