New York marathon (Read 62 times)

elizamanda

Hi, I will be taking part in my first marathon in New York. Can anyone answer if they have Pacers and how I make contact. I would like to do it in 4.5 or bit over. Many thanks.

Julia1971

According to their website, they plan on having pacers and you'll need to stay tuned for more information.  Here's a cached version of the pacer information from last year:

Pace teams will be located at each of the three starts in the corrals associated with the desired finish times, which are, 3:15, 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:10, 4:20, 4:30, 4:40, 4:50, 5:00, 5:15, and 5:30.

Feel free to join us over in the 2013 NYCM thread.  So far, we're mostly talking about training and transportation, but I'm sure we'll get around to pace groups as race day draws nearer.

ultramarathon/triathlete

They have pacers every year.  You don't need to do anything until you are at the expo, then you just grab a pace wrist band from the pacer booth.  It's free and you just find that pace group in your corral. They'll give you more info at the expo.  It's very straight forward and easy to jump into once you're there.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

You don't need to do anything until you are at the expo, then you just grab a pace wrist band from the pacer booth.

Do you happen to remember if the pace-band is course adjusted?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do