I just crushed my PR!!!! (Read 545 times)

I just killed my PR for the Lenexa Freedom Run (Lenexa, Ks). My previous PR was 52:53 2 years ago. Today I finished in 49:32!!! My first sub 50 10k!!! Sorry to brag, but I am pretty proud of what happened this morning!!!!
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rob, that's awesome! What a great way to start the day! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoot! Way to go!!! Cool Cool Cool Hey, if you feel like doing the math, why don't you put in your 5 mile time in the "Virtual 5K?" Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Congratulations on a well-run race! Obviously, your training is paying off in a big way. So how was the race (conditions, course, crowd, etc)? And I wouldn't call it bragging. More like just sharing with us a noteworthy accomplishment--which we want to hear about anyway. Congrats again!
          My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
          vicentefrijole

So how was the race (conditions, course, crowd, etc)? And I wouldn't call it bragging. More like just sharing with us a noteworthy accomplishment--which we want to hear about anyway.
            Yeah! Let's hear some details! Awesome run, SJR!!!
              So how was the race (conditions, course, crowd, etc)?
              It started out "iffey" at best. It had rained all night right up till 5 minutes before the start of the race. My buddies and I stayed inside the Rec Center and were even thinking about starting late (they were using the smart chips, so there was no reason for us to rush to the start line!). Low and behold it stopped with exactly enough time to walk to the start line, stretch not nearly enough and start the MP3 player with a 10k "mixed tape"! This was the 3rd year I've run the event, but I felt more fit than ever. The course is pretty even with mostly flat rolling hills (if that makes sense!). According to Garmin, there was 1553 in elevation gain and 1526 in loss, leaving a net elevation change of +27ft. That's not bad for around here! The crowd was as good as it has ever been, even with the rain, and the volunteers did an awesome job!!! The race was put together very well and I would certainly suggest it for those who travel for 5 and 10k races.
              "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"