2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Runner100

-

Carbs and Cabernet

The Streak and I had our first big fight today. It was cold and drizzly outside. Tempers flared, voices were raised. But I got out the door for 10.5 miles. The make-up foam rolling was incredible.

You go!  Big grin

joescott

10 mi.  streak alive!  dusting of snow everywhere today though, and in lots of places it was kind of crushed down into a nasty layer of thin ice so it made the going slow and gingerly.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Thanks to the streak I finished the week with 23.5 miles - 2 more than my prior record.  Woohoo!!!!

Joann Y

Thanks to the streak I finished the week with 23.5 miles - 2 more than my prior record.  Woohoo!!!!

Excellent!

Christirei

one more day down, horrible conditions for me out there too, actually had to get on the sidewalks as much as i could today

Day 12 done - in the snow this morning rather than risking having to do it in sleet after work.

Realized something this morning.  One of those "obvious once you think about it" sort of things, but if you haven't thought about it...  So let me share:

Angels may cry when you run with traffic, but it's better than making a plow driver cry.

one more day down, horrible conditions for me out there too, actually had to get on the sidewalks as much as i could today

Ah, the luxury of sidewalks.  We have 6 inches past the white line, and then a ditch.  I spend a lot of time running in ditches.

joescott

2 mi. @ 11 degrees.  Was going to run much farther but bailed because of how slick everything was.  The sidewalks were just barely "OK" with about 1/4" of snow, but at every intersection there were patches of salt-melted-refrozen ice, very treacherous.  So I surrendered to the conditions and might try to get in a few more on the dreadmill over lunch.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

13 days and still going strong. Should be interesting getting it in later this week as the Mrs is heading out of town for 3 days and leaving me to fly solo with the kiddies.

sugnim

It's finally above zero.  I tanked this weekend and didn't run.  On Friday, it was 11 degrees below zero, Saturday was 23 degrees below, and Sunday actually made it up to 0 for the day's high, but I just did not want to run in that kind of condition.  We should be up to 15 today, and there is snow.  I'll be back out there, but I'm out of the holiday running streak.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

4 miles at 3F, dropping to 1F during the run.  MMTD.

jpdeaux

I think the rules say no "Off-the-hooksies". Restart and keep going. But yeah, 23 below is hard to even count to.

I'll be back out there, but I'm out of the holiday running streak.

36 today with an inch of slush; tried my waterproof trail shoes which turned out to be not. They were great at keeping the water from draining out though.

Fail - Out at 19 days - only excuse is that weather was too good on the weekend and spent too much time doing stuff with the kids. Back on the horse today.

Runner100

-

CT JEFF

sick. no run yet today.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!