His pop caught him smoking and he said NO WAY (Read 1078 times)

xor

Adam Yauch, one of the Beastie Boys, died of cancer today.  His started as a parotid gland (a salivary gland) tumor.

He was 47.

Cancer sucks.

JML

Very sad

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

bhearn

Damn.

vegefrog

AngryI hate cancer so much.

How horrible! I thought he was well on his way to recovery and good health.

I'm going to listen to the BBoys all night long in his memory.

xor

Yeah.

Cancer is unfortunately a sneaky bastard that way.

kcam

I don't usually run with an MP3 player but I will today and I'll listen to Beastie Boys in honor of MCA.  Too young.  Sad.

Slo

I effin hate cancer.

47 is way way to young.

mikeymike

That sucks.

I used to listen to my Licensed to Ill cassette tape on my walkman before races in high school.  I can remember sitting against the wall in the Lexington field house with my headphones on under my hoodie and the volume cranked up so loud I couldn't hear anything else.  I used the Beasties to numb my senses before racing the 600 indoors.  Good times.

Rest in peace, MCA.

Runners run

L Train

What the fuck, man.  Cancer does suck. 

Fuck cancer! This guy was making rhymes before I was born and I still listen to every album like it was released last month, their music transcends generations, something that is rarely seen in that industry. Needless to say, I'm a big fan and I really hope they can finish off and release Hot Sauce Committee pt. 2, it would be the ultimate way to honor his memory.

kcam

That sucks.

I used to listen to my Licensed to Ill cassette tape on my walkman before races in high school.  I can remember sitting against the wall in the Lexington field house with my headphones on under my hoodie and the volume cranked up so loud I couldn't hear anything else.  I used the Beasties to numb my senses before racing the 600 indoors.  Good times.

Rest in peace, MCA.

Lexington field house?  As in 'shot heard round the world' Lexington?  I went to 6,7th & 8th grade in Bedford - good memories.  That was probably 73, 74 & 75 so, yeah, we probablly didn't run into each other!  I bought Licensed to Ill when it came out and I was already an old fart.

Who is this guy that everybody is talking about?  Never heard of him.

CNN, Drudge, Yahoo, RunningAhead, ...

Seriously, I'm surprised that "everybody" knows about him (or cares about him).

(And, yes, I think I might know 1 or 2 of those "songs" by this artist).

But, yes, CANCER SUCKS!, and there are 1000s that die everyday of cancer and 1000s more that are diagnosed with cancer everyday that are fighting for their lives.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Why is it sideways?

Who is this guy that everybody is talking about?  Never heard of him.

CNN, Drudge, Yahoo, RunningAhead, ...

Seriously, I'm surprised that "everybody" knows about him (or cares about him).

(And, yes, I think I might know 1 or 2 of those "songs" by this artist).

But, yes, CANCER SUCKS!, and there are 1000s that die everyday of cancer and 1000s more that are diagnosed with cancer everyday that are fighting for their lives.

He made it safe for white folks to rap.

Kalsarikännit

He ran the marathon til the very last mile.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

He ran the marathon til the very last mile.

People always said his style was wild,
                                They had gall, they had guile, 
                                To step to him, he was a rap-o-phile. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus