introduction and free running shoes!!!! (Read 275 times)

will run for popsicles

Hi. My name's Gary. My wife's name is Mo, so I go by Mo Boy a lot. Or something.

I recently abandoned another unnamed running forum (initials rw) because they lacked any sort of policing, and I find myself homeless. I kept a log here a long time ago and it always seemed like a nice place with a minimum of bed bugs, and the folks seem to have the perfect mix of wisdom and twisted humor. So  I'm hoping to hang around here for a while, or at least till Eric bans me for bad syntax.

I've been running around 34 years and am just getting by on fumes these days, but I'm an old guy who still likes to hang out and discuss what pre-race meal tastes better when being projectile vomited at mile 23 and the finer points of trying to blend in while wearing neon green shoes with a black suit at a funeral.

I am a faithful disciple of the Sheehan religion of Running & Being. I was a 3:25 marathoner way back in my misspent youth, but that was before Ugly Pug Ale and a monkey heart transplant conspired to slow me down. I've been running a lot of trails lately because I can still (barely) outpace tree stumps, but I love all kinds of races, except maybe steeplechase. Let's face it. Steeplechasers are just weird.

And, yes, I'm serious about the free shoes. If you don't hate on me too much, I invite you over after my demise to dig through my shoe box. I tend to buy a lot of shoes that I hate after 3 miles and they end up in the Big Box of Unused Shoes, so have at 'em.

Anyhow, hey. Always seems weird to me when a new name pops up and you know nothing about the person, so that is my life story. Now,  if you see me pop up in comments, instead of "who the heck is that?" you can think "damn I hope he dies soon so I can claim those sweet NB 110s.)*  Thanks.

The end.

* disclaimer: I wear 10 1/2, so this is probably going to appeal to a limited audience, although Mo wears women's size 9 and you could likely swipe from that pile if you're sneaky.

JML

Welcome Mo Boy.

Good to see another familiar face over here.

- fellow refugee from another site.

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

LOL. Love the intro :-)  Wecome :-)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I've been running a lot of trails lately because I can still (barely) outpace tree stumps, but I love all kinds of races, except maybe steeplechase. Let's face it. Steeplechasers are just weird.

Not bad; the stumps around here are known for doing Indian Ladders before sunrise.

Welcome back, MB.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

and a monkey heart transplant conspired to slow me down. 

So, you know Trent?

steph  

will run for popsicles

Isn't his a FLYING monkey heart? Subtle but important distinction.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

disclaimer: I wear 10 1/2, so this is probably going to appeal to a limited audience, although Mo wears women's size 9 and you could likely swipe from that pile if you're sneaky.

Perfect. Hopefully you've purchased lots of Brooks and Asics shoes which you've then discarded to the box. Smile

Great intro that showcases your journalism skills.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...but that was before Ugly Pug Ale and a monkey heart transplant conspired to slow me down. I've been running a lot of trails lately because I can still (barely) outpace tree stumps, but I love all kinds of races, except maybe steeplechase. Let's face it. Steeplechasers are just weird.

Brilliant introduction - quoting my favorite part.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Gator eye

Hummmm, I wear 10.5 too.

Do you take shoe request?

will run for popsicles

Hummmm, I wear 10.5 too.

Do you take shoe request?

certainly. just hum a few bars and I can probably fake it. But no Journey. Journey is the steeplechase of classic rock.

some call me Tim

Hey now... hold on to that feeleyaan, streetlight people.

Always nice to meet another trail junkie Smile

I did not want to bump that Altitude training thread again, just want to welcome our newcomer, and point out most of the action on this board is in the groups ("Masters", "Beginners and Beyond" and "Letters and Opinions" being some of the most active). Pick the ones you fit in best or can antagonize the most and post away.

Walk-Jogger

People can still run when they're 57?? Wowsers!! Joking

Welcome, Moboy. Personally if I were you I would have gone with something like "Gar-mo, the Beneficent"  but that's just me.

- Cecil

Retired &  Loving It

Monomoy

Love it!

Flat Rat