Oh! You run? (Read 2664 times)

One of our top professional cyclists dated a young lady and when he told her what he did she said wasn't he a bit old to be still playing on bikes, if only she had realised what he earned

When you say, "dated" are saying there _was_ a second date after a comment like that? 

sweet, the link button is back, and it brought a friend!

A Saucy Wench

My mom and her brother got in an argument about how long marathons were and if they were always the same length.  Mom did not really know but she was pretty sure I had said 26 miles.  Her brother (who always knows better than everyone else) kept insisting she was wrong that it was some other mileage and that if the one I did was 26 miles then it wasn't a standard marathon.

Turns out people who use km as their main unit are no better at translating to miles than the average American.

I was a little frightened during a discussion with my physical therapist trying to explain that 50K was 31 miles.  He knew a 10K was 6.2 miles but we went round and round on how you get from 10K to 50K.  Or even easier from 5K to 50K.  He couldnt get there.  But then I decided math wasnt really a necessary skill for a PT.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jules2

But then I decided math wasnt really a necessary skill for a PT.

My experience is that they are pretty hot at math when making an invoice out.Big grin

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

FWIW, the 500km race starting tomorrow in NW Tennessee is 314 miles.

#artbydmcbride

running is really stupid!

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

My experience is that they are pretty hot at math when making an invoice out.Big grin

Not mine.  Usually it takes about 5 months for him to bill.  Which sounds cool and all except when you are trying to close an accident claim.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's probably based on their state legislated value of pi.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Nu-uh Trent.  Around here pizza delivery guys are like 60

snarky comment formed - then intelligence kicked in and comment NOT written....just sayin...

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, now I know that the Comrades Marathon is 26.2 miles. Thanks.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

ymmv

I answered the door sporting my slick Boston Marathon finisher t-shirt.

Only if I ever qualified and ran it, would I be be able to experience the awful embarrassment of wearing a Boston shirt and having someone, you know, notice it.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Well, now I know that the Comrades Marathon is 26.2 miles. Thanks.

How far are the Barkley Marathons?

#artbydmcbride

How far are the Barkley Marathons?

No one has checked their garmin at the finish to see.

Runners run

See, I don't run, because I've never run a marathon.  I've not even run a race with marathon in the title, even if it isn't a marathon, whatever a marathon is.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

See, I don't run, because I've never run a marathon.  I've not even run a race with marathon in the title, even if it isn't a marathon, whatever a marathon is.

... but have you done one of those 5k marathons?