Carbonation?? I Love Diet Coke!! (Read 1091 times)

I have a massive addiction to Pepsi Max. It's really not good. It doesn't have the calories or sugar (it's a weird kind of Diet Pepsi with different ratios of sweeteners), but I know it's not the best for me. However I don't smoke, drink lots of alcohol, eat loads of fatty stuff, and I do try and exercise, so it is my vice. I'm trying to cut down on it, but it's so hard, and worse still, I actually don't like the taste of water (how bad is that)!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Okay. I don't get it. Several have now posted this. And I just don't get it. Please help me understand. Um. Water. Has. No. Taste. How can you not like the taste of something that has no taste? Or is the lack of taste what you don't like?
        It does have a taste though. Seriously, it's the flavour of water that I don't like. I can make myself drink it, but that is easier when I have a cold or something and I can't taste it (in that case I even find it preferable to juice, or Pepsi).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I like Diet Coke Plus because it mixes well with rum.
          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Dave

Okay. I don't get it. Several have now posted this. And I just don't get it. Please help me understand. Um. Water. Has. No. Taste. How can you not like the taste of something that has no taste? Or is the lack of taste what you don't like?
            Distilled water has no taste. Depending on the source, bottled water taste can vary pretty dramatically. I don't particularly care for some of the spring waters out there. On the other hand, I find the taste (or lack of) in Aquafina or the other one from coke/pepsi (I forget) much better. They start with tap water, filter the heck out of it, and add some minerals back for taste. Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble drinking the water that comes out of the door of my fridge straight from the municipal water supply.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

JakeKnight

Water. Has. No. Taste.
              Tell that to my sweetheart. If I fill up her water bottle with tap water instead of filtered water, bad things happen to me. I'm on your side. Water's water. But there are plenty of people who think differently. And those people make bottled water companies very rich. I'm currently looking for investors for my flavored air project. Let me know if you're interested. It's gonna be huge.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And those people make bottled water companies trash the environment putting arbitrary tap or spring water into bottles made from petrochemicals, which must then be shipped around the country or world in big diesel-burning trucks with the goal of giving people who have somehow learned to dislike the natural taste of healthy minerals instead the false guise of happiness.
                Fixed.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm currently looking for investors for my unflavored air project to bamboozle folks we will convince that regular air has a nasty flavor. Let me know if you're interested. It's gonna be huge.
                  Fixed.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Those who say water has no flavor have never tasted our tap water...it's amazing. We have a well. First time I ever tasted Evian I wished we had a way to bottle and sell our tap water--it tastes exactly the same. We could be wealthy. Plus our water is super high in calcium (that part sucks...we have white build-up around all of our faucets and it burns out water heaters pretty fast), so there's that benefit, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Water. Has. No. Taste. Minerals do. Don't like how your particular mineral salad tastes, buy a water filtration system. Put the water in reusable bottles. Save the world.
                        I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet; but, I stumbled across this and it seems pertinent to this discussion on this thread. http://www.runtheplanet.com/trainingracing/nutrition/caffeine.asp
                        runningsharp

A little off topic but mentioned in the last few posts, do that many people really drink bottled water compared to soda or to other drinks manufactured in plastic? Really! It drives me crazy we harp and harp on our dumps being filled with water bottles and all I hear people say is that they consume gallons and gallons of soda, and not to mention all the people who say they don't even like water. Seems a bit ironic to me. But that is just me. I stopped drinking soda a couple of years ago when I began eating healthier. The more water I drink, the healthier I eat. For me If I drink soda I crave a ton of sugar and processed food, If I drink water I crave vegetable and fruit. I read a study from Stanford that linked carbonation to bone density loss. Studies can be confusing and biased but I do feel a heck of a lot better if I don't drink it. I also don't drink coffee or alcohol, mostly just water. Lisa
                          finney

Resident pinniped

Stale water in bubblers and metallic pipes also have a taste. Warm water also blows. This is why I get bottled water at some places that I frequent. Also, you can call me crazy (wouldn't be the first time) but plain water, especially when drank on an empty stomach, sometimes makes me nauseous. Not so bad that I feel like I might be sick, but it doesn't always sit well.