Most accurate pace prediction calculator I have EVER found (Read 410 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

In order to understand pace calculators, you must attempt a Copernican revolution and attempt to see your running as a set of data points in an empty and indifferent space rather than as the center of a caring and concerned universe.

This is difficult for most runners.

That's on an ellipsoidal track, right?

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

In order to understand pace calculators, you must attempt a Copernican revolution and attempt to see your running as a set of data points in an empty and indifferent space rather than as the center of a caring and concerned universe.

This is difficult for most runners.

That's kind of how pool running feels to me.  I'm moving really fast, but no one cares, I look ridiculous, and I'm very aware of the fragility, vulnerability, and randomness of my existence.  But I keep churning my legs because the alternative is to sink beneath the surface--which, while only an arbitrary cutoff between two types of matter, matters very much to me.

As a side note, it's not easy to compare the results from this calculator to McMillan or Daniels because those two don't give shorter distance races.  But in general Daniels is very odd.  I input 19:25 as my 5k time and it spit out that I should run a 5k in 19:44.  I find this confusing but perhaps a testament to the power of free will?  It also said my HM should be slightly faster not slower (1:30:01) and that my mile should be slower 5:44) so perhaps it's tilted toward distance runners vs. mid-distance.

McMillan is fairly close, predicting a 5:36 mile, 19:28 5k, and a 1:30:06 HM from my 800m time (I'd have input the 400m but no option).

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Why is it sideways?

That's on an ellipsoidal track, right?

Well played, sir!

joescott

This thread/predictor is just another depressing exhibit that tells me that my marathon times suck for what I "should" be able to run based on shorter race distances.  Or, like mikey, maybe I'm just an old miler.  But mikey's whooped my tail probably a few times at the full enchilada, so I think in the end I probably just need to harden up.  Or as Jeff pointed out, just realize that nobody cares.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.