More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

We have a crazy woman in our midst ...

We have a crazy  dedicated woman in our midst ...  Smile

Tim 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Almost forgot to report on my long run today.  19.5 miles at a breezy 10 - 9 - 8 degrees F.  The trail looks bleak and ready for winter to be over.  Maybe I do, too.

Slow and Steady

It's 89 degrees Fahrenheit right now. This thread is not for me. Big grin

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

joescott

Almost forgot to report on my long run today.  19.5 miles at a breezy 10 - 9 - 8 degrees F.  The trail looks bleak and ready for winter to be over.  Maybe I do, too.

I did 19 yesterday morning also, but the cold line was somewhere between you and me.  It was a balmy 22 here.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Well, HI!! I thought I was the only one on this thread for the longest time!! Welcome all you crazy winter runners. I've lost count of this years MMTD Points, but I have a total of 74 from last year into this year. Somewhere around 40 points this winter. My most difficult cold run was -10 with a -24 wind chill. I think that was my limit...beyond that it seems way too painful!

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

spinach

It was 23 below this morning when I woke up, probably a few degrees warmer when I went out for a six mile run.  I am really sick and tired of being in this club.  The long cold winter has really overwhelmed me.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Ten miles at zero.  This club sucks ....

I think we need  a club meeting someplace warm.  Just sayin ..

Tim 

keeponrunning

I haven't posted every time I've done it this year, cause well over half my runs this winter have qualified me for the this club!  However, if there's any bonus points for races, I did a half marathon this morning in 7F temps (-4F windchill).

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It was a leisurely Sunday, so I had the luxury of waiting until it warmed up to a sultry 0F.  7.5 miles.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And it goes on, and on...

6.5M at -2F this morning.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

If someone had told me in early February that we would still be having these temps in March, I think I would have slapped them.  Only had time to do 7 miles today, temp 0 degrees.  Forecast for tomorrow morning is -10, but they say there will be no wind.  Trying to be thankful for small favors.

Leah, mother of dogs

spinach

It got above zero here today!  We are making progress.  I ran 7 miles in 4° with not much wind, so it was pretty nice.  It is supposed to get into the double digits tomorrow and I hope I am out of the club until November after today.  A guy can dream.

11 miles today @ 0 Fahrenheit degrees.  It was bearable since there was no wind.  I still can't wait till Summer though.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

-8 degrees, 12 miles.  I'd still rather run in 0 degrees than 100 degrees. #tryingtobepositive

Leah, mother of dogs

spinach

I'd still rather run in 0 degrees than 100 degrees.

I agree with you on that, and I grew up in Phoenix. But still i would like to be able to occasionally run when it is somewhere in between those two extremes.