Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

This is not much of a goal compared to your crazy achievements, but I ran six days in a row for the first time, ever.  It's been a struggle for me to get past 4 or 5 days per week, which has meant all the mileage gets crammed into the long run (for a half), which burns me out badly, so I'm trying to run for shorter distances more often before I start training for a half again.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Joann Y

Oh man. Not sure why, but three years ago today I started logging my runs and it has totally transformed my life. And how lucky to have found this site to log them. You guys have all been an inspiration and have fueled my desire to run longer and faster and with more passion. Somehow RA has managed to help me overcome all of the imaginary obstacles to consistency and finally become a runner. A runner!  SmileSmile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Oh man. Not sure why, but three years ago today I started logging my runs and it has totally transformed my life. And how lucky to have found this site to log them. You guys have all been an inspiration and have fueled my desire to run longer and faster and with more passion. Somehow RA has managed to help me overcome all of the imaginary obstacles to consistency and finally become a runner. A runner!  SmileSmile

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st 50 mile week of the year(excluding Pistol 100)

PS: Just stepped in front of the1500 bunny.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good going Ron.

steph  

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Darkside Labor Day race. Marathon # 60 at 60. Four months late. 5:58:30. It took all I had to finish

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Darkside Labor Day race. Marathon # 60 at 60. Four months late. 5:58:30. It took all I had to finish

Wow, #60! Congrats on this tough one!

Christirei

Four months ago I finally made myself stop running because of horrible pain in my upper hamstring, after lots of tests and PT and no answers I finally just gave in and decided to take the summer off to let it rest and heal. Today I attempted my first run back, 1.5 miles of walking and jogging but it was so incredibly wonderful. I love running!!! Now to be careful NOT to come back to fast and to soon Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Four months ago I finally made myself stop running because of horrible pain in my upper hamstring, after lots of tests and PT and no answers I finally just gave in and decided to take the summer off to let it rest and heal. Today I attempted my first run back, 1.5 miles of walking and jogging but it was so incredibly wonderful. I love running!!! Now to be careful NOT to come back to fast and to soon Smile

Smile Reading this makes me smile too. Congrats!

slugbug

A year ago, I had a hard time even jogging for 20 minutes.  I felt like I couldn't breathe!  So last spring. I decided if running was so hard, I needed to learn how to do it.  I am just really stubborn like that!  I started in February running on the treadmill for as long as I could.  I was determined I was going to run for an hour on the treadmill by the end of May.  I live in Montana and wanted to be ready for running in the mountains as soon as the weather was nice.  I ran for an hour on May 27th.  I was so proud of myself!  So out to the mountains I went.  I made a goal to run 30 miles a week.  My long run would be on Sunday and the other days would be short runs to make my goal.  It took me for 4-6 months to learn my consistent pace and  to learn to keep breathing through so I didn't have to stop.  Every week, I ran 30 miles or more all over the mountains around Bozeman, MT.  It was amazing.  It became my zen time for the week.  I was able to let my thoughts wander.  I started to love running.  Never thought that would happen.  One thing that never seem to change was my legs being sore for at least 3-4 days after.  Another goal I had set for myself was to run a 10k.  I signed up and ran the Huffing for Stuffing run Thanksgiving day.  I kept a steady pace the whole time.   Not fast, but steady.  My goal for the next summer was to run a 10 mile race.  I ran for an hour on the treadmill for one hour each month during the winter.  During the week I did incline programs for two days.  In June I ran the Jim Bridger run.  I was ready for the distance and incline because I had run trails that distance right up to week of the race.  The only difference this year was I had started using a nutritional supplement for recovery.  Thank God!!!  The day I ran we broke a record for heat.  Runners were stopping and punching their legs from the cramping.  I drank a Replenish with my protein shake that morning, kept Replenish in water pack and added a Replenish to my shake after, too.  I was not even sore.  I am so grateful!  Sorry that was so long.  Just had to get my story out!!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Welcome back to the good life.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Slugbug,wtg!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

probably not fast enough

Started running almost two years ago tipping the scale just over the line for technically "obese," though I wouldn't have thought it to look in the mirror (shrug!).......  Well, I've lost over 35 pounds now, so I'm NORMAL!  The other day, I crossed over the line for my goal for this year of a thousand miles running, so I'm gonna make it to 1200, so another grin....   Finally, I've heard it said more times than I can remember that a 10 min mile is about average for an adult, and I just did 5 miles at 10:13 pace, so I'm about AVERAGE!  Yay!!!  Thank you, thank you.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG

Started running almost two years ago tipping the scale just over the line for technically "obese," though I wouldn't have thought it to look in the mirror (shrug!).......  Well, I've lost over 35 pounds now, so I'm NORMAL!  The other day, I crossed over the line for my goal for this year of a thousand miles running, so I'm gonna make it to 1200, so another grin....   Finally, I've heard it said more times than I can remember that a 10 min mile is about average for an adult, and I just did 5 miles at 10:13 pace, so I'm about AVERAGE!  Yay!!!  Thank you, thank you.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Senoia 60 hour unofficial mark 121.8 miles

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter