Random Suggestions (Read 1035 times)

JakeKnight

1) A way to record a run as a PR *without* labeling it a "race." And if this can already be done, color me sheepish Blush and give me a clue how to do it. 2) A preview feature for posting in the forums. Yes - I know I can just modify my blather. But that requires work. You're supposed to help me avoid that, right 3) Maybe a spell check, too. I know. Picky, picky. 4) A private message function? So we can talk about you behind your back? Just idle dripping-sweat post-run thoughts. Hey, how about a little animation to pop-up and cheer for you when you record a PR? I'm thinking bikini-clad babes. You could call them "appropriately-attired motivational coaches." Something like that. I'm thinking David Hasselhoff for the girls. Cuz they dig him. Get busy with my changes. I demand my money's worth.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

eric :)

Jake, I can spend the money answer your questions, or working on the site Tongue 1. there's no way to create a PR without it being a race. Why can't you just label it as such? After all, you're racing against something. 2. Preview's on my list of things to do. I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I just enjoy watching you do more work. 3. Spell check's out of the question. Maybe you can hire some monkey friends to do that work? Big grin 4. Private messages are on my todo too. You can already talk behind my back. Just start some group and talk in there. I promise I won't look. eric Smile
        3) Maybe a spell check, too. I know. Picky, picky.
        I don't know which browser you use. If it happens to be a good one, I mean Firefox Wink, then you can install a spell checker. (Very easy for FireFox 2.0, a bit more complicated for 1.5) I must admit this spell checker can be annoying when you're writing on a forum thas uses another language than the spell checker is. He is telling me actually that only one out of ten words that I wrote here is correct. Think I have to install the English instead of the Dutch one.... (Personally I would appreciate when someone would develop an English grammar checker for me Wink ) (Edit: I just found out I can install more than one dictionary, and just select the appropriate language when writing on a forum.... This is great!)

Running in Belgium
        Ann

vicentefrijole

I'm thinking David Hasselhoff for the girls. Cuz they dig him.
          I think 'The Hof' is something we can all appreciate, regardless of gender. Have you seen his music videos? Brilliant. Big grin
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Regarding spell check, we had been fighting to develop such a thing where I work for 10 years. It is not trivial. Some PHPBB sites and other sites have installed a plug in to do this. The National Library of Medicine also has a plugin. Eric would have to install these on the site. But the easiest is to use the google toolbar on your browser (or the firefox version). Regarding Hasselhoff, well, consider yourself warned... Click
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent...you have not lived until you've seen THIS Hoff video... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent...you have not died until you've seen THIS Hoff video... Tongue k
                Yeah, I'd seen that one too.
                JakeKnight

Trent...you have not lived until you've seen THIS Hoff video... Tongue k
                  I *KNEW* the babes would dig Hasselhoff. The talent, the looks, his gorilla-hairy chest. What an icon! I'm secure enough to admit that after watching that video of Hoff singing "Hooked on a Feeling," wearing an eskimo fur coat and frolicking happily ... I turned just a little bit gay. I just couldn't help. He's too powerful to resist.

JakeKnight

You know, I'd really appreciate it if someone else would add something to this thread, so my declaration of man love for Hasselhoff is not the last message on the thread. Thank you for your support.

I'm from Massachusetts and we have gay marriage. Your man love does not threaten me in the least. The Hoff is pure brilliance. Self-parody of the highest form. Long live The Hoff.

Runners run

RunningHammer

Apparently his music is highly regarded in Germany! Surprised
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Hoff is pure brilliance. Self-parody of the highest form. Long live The Hoff.
                          I totally love that the guy not only acknowledges that he is goofy, but he embraces it! A LOT of celebs would be offended if the # of jokes hurled in their direction were even half of what the Hoff is dealt. The fact that he doesn't care and goes out and records even sillier videos keeps him on the radar--which means more $$ for him. Given the fact that he doesn't even have any sort of marketable talent, I think that says something. That's some major charisma/chutzpah at work! Not every has-been can do this...look at Screech (Dustin Diamond)... *shudders* Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

1) A way to record a run as a PR *without* labeling it a "race." And if this can already be done, color me sheepish Blush and give me a clue how to do it.
                            This would be pretty cool. I don't necessarily want to manually record PR's by marking them as a race, as i want to keep those nice red bars on my summary chart for my actual race events. I'm anticipating that the odd red bar will help to break the chart up by having "landmarks" spread throughout the year. What would be really nice is if the site automatically recorded PRs against each course you have saved?
                              What would be really nice is if the site automatically recorded PRs against each course you have saved?
                              If you want to know your "PR" for a course just click the "Courses" link to the left on the Training Log Summary page. Then click the name of the course you want to look at to see all the workouts on that course and sort them by time by clicking the "Time" column.

Runners run

RunningHammer

If you want to know your "PR" for a course just click the "Courses" link to the left on the Training Log Summary page. Then click the name of the course you want to look at to see all the workouts on that course and sort them by time by clicking the "Time" column.
                                Excellent thanks Mike, that works a treat!