A site I'm building to give you another look at your running (Read 312 times)

I checked it out and it looks OK....BUT, I'm Running Ahead thru and thru so there's not much chance of my using another site.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Runningahead works perfect for my needs.  I'm not entertaining even looking at any other sites...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

JamesChevalier

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

I've had a number of you sign up over the last few days. Feel free to keep in touch through the contact form on http://citystrides.com - I'd love to hear where I can make improvements for you, or where the site really shines.

I'm having a look through the RunningAhead API, to see if it will be a good fit for CityStrides. It looks like it has most of the data I'd need (GPS coordinates of a tracked run), but it's in a much more difficult format than the other services I work with. It might be a little while before I complete that integration.

Thanks again, everyone!

Creator of CityStrides

It provides a street-level view of your running, then uses it to motivate the hell out of you.

kcam

Get it to where it can import data from RA and I might check it out.  Not that I care at all about running every street in my city but it would be interesting to see a map of what streets  I HAVE run in the past 10 or 15 years.

xhristopher

You are some hostile folks.

I'm totally smitten with RA as a place to log my runs and rides and don't want to see it get loaded with gamifcation type features. That said, sometimes it's fun to goof around with another website for niche features. I'll log on Strava to goof around with some of its features, but that just me. If this interested me I'd try it and it wouldn't detract from my RA use.

Some people here post in other communities too. Do they integrate with RA? Who cares?

If you think trying to run every road in a city is silly let me tell you about these people who try to run a marathon in every state...

kcam

I hope I didn't come off as hostile to this guy and his site.  I'm interested but I keep my log on RA therefore for me to use his site I'm afraid it's gonna have to import from RA.  Period.  I have almost 25K miles logged on RA the vast majority of which are GPS tracked and I think it would be pretty cool to put see a map of all the streets I've run in San Jose over those miles.  I would not call myself a 'fanboy', as they say on LR!

Get it going Chevalier!