Tips Needed for User Groups (Read 303 times)

Are you a Heartosaurus?

School me in User Groups, I'm a rookie Smile

1. Can you "Friend" someone? This is a common feature on a lot of sites these days. Is your only option to keep in contact with the group through joining the group, or is there some feature where you can "friend" or "add" people to your own list?
    2. Having a special group with their own "Forum" is a pretty cool feature, but outside of that what is the point of the user group on RA? Please elaborate, i'd love to hear how everyone uses this feature.
    3. I suppose it's mostly personal preference, but I'm going to ask anyway: What is the best landing page for your user group, "Home"?
    4. The main reason I've created a user group is that I want members of my team to be able to look at each other's training plans, and view each other's workouts. Is a user group the best solution for this? Can you give some examples of how this would work?

Thanks in advance!

bjc

Heartosaurusnoun [heart-o-sau-rus] 1. An inspiring online reference for open heart surgery patients. 2. A heart patient with an inextinguishable desire not merely to survive, but to live life to its fullest. 3. A doctor, caregiver, or anyone who makes a profound difference to the cause.

day after day sameness

Wow, I don't mean to be the dedicated answer-man for all your questions...but I'll take a stab here, for what it's worth....

1. No. Thank goodness!

2. The purpose is to allow a group of people with some common "purpose" have a place to interact via the forum about their common purpose. There are groups dedicated to ultra running, groups focused on a geographic regional, groups where people talk about training for specific races, etc.  Some are training groups, some are social things. Just go explore some of the groups and you'll see.

3. Personal preference. I keep 3 bookmarks for RA: General Forums, my log's Summary page, my log's workouts.

4. Yes. That is exactly what a training group is about. Check out any of the training groups (you can browse in them without joining unless they are private) to see.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Are you a Heartosaurus?

Thanks MT!!

Heartosaurusnoun [heart-o-sau-rus] 1. An inspiring online reference for open heart surgery patients. 2. A heart patient with an inextinguishable desire not merely to survive, but to live life to its fullest. 3. A doctor, caregiver, or anyone who makes a profound difference to the cause.