Linking to a post within a topic (Read 566 times)

Hi

Is there anyway on RA right now to manually link to a post within a topic so that the browser focus is immediately on that post when the link opens?

Example:

Say I want to link to a race report, like this one that's in the middle of a whole thread of race reports. I need the URL that looks like this:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/forum/Post/59c6688ea14142879e2f50305117b723#focus

There are only 2 ways that I can get the 59c6688ea14142879e2f50305117b723 number:

• Modify the post so it is the "last post" in the forum list and copy the URL from there
    • Search for a unique term in the post and copy the URL from the search result.

Is there any easier way of doing this?

I'd love to see the possibility of creating a URL like this:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/forum/Thread/47/Post/155#focus

Where the Thread and Post numbers were visible in the forums when viewing the pages.

Not a big deal but figured I ask.

Cheers

MattJ

2017 Goals
    1) Run more than 231 miles
    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

+1 Permalinks to posts!
      bhearn

Example:

Say I want to link to a race report, like this one that's in the middle of a whole thread of race reports. I need the URL that looks like this:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/forum/Post/59c6688ea14142879e2f50305117b723#focus

There are only 2 ways that I can get the 59c6688ea14142879e2f50305117b723 number:

• Modify the post so it is the "last post" in the forum list and copy the URL from there
        • Search for a unique term in the post and copy the URL from the search result.

Is there any easier way of doing this? 

Yes. Quote the post in question, go into HTML mode, and copy the number out of the quote link. Then back out so you don't actually post the quotation. E.g., that's how I made this link to my JJ100 writeup.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yah. That be tedious Smile

Yes. Quote the post in question, go into HTML mode, and copy the number out of the quote link. Then back out so you don't actually post the quotation. E.g., that's how I made this link to my JJ100 writeup.

OK - that is definitely easier!Thanks

Still like to have permalinks (much better single word description than my wordy post) like Trent says. Eric?

2017 Goals
            1) Run more than 231 miles
            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I do something much like the above, but not exactly the same: I push the Quote button, then I copy the address from the url bar of my browser, and paste it to where I want it, then change it so it ends with "#focus" instead of "/quote"

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I do something much like the above, but not exactly the same: I push the Quote button, then I copy the address from the url bar of my browser, and paste it to where I want it, then change it so it ends with "#focus" instead of "/quote"

Just wanted to try your method.