Your Best 1 Mile Time??? (Read 803 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Even in HS, at my smallest weight, I think I recall doing about 8 minutes in PE. Then again, I never worked very hard to run it fast in PE. I'm sure I could have done it in closer to 6-7 if I'd actually been trying. Not sure how fast I could do it now. I think my fastest 5k mile split was around 9:30, so I'd think maybe 8:30...? I'm just not very fast and my first mile is usually one of my slowest. I'm a negative splits gal all the way. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The only running I did in HS was from the teachers trying to catch us smoking on campus. I seriously doubt we were very fast, but we only needed to be faster than the teachers. Currently, my fastest mile time is 7:11. Slow by some of your standards but fast for me.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Speaking of smoking and running, did your high school have that kid who smoked a pack a day until he one day ran a 4:45 mile in gym class wearing hightops and cutoff jeans, prompting him to go out for track as a junior? Mine did. Damn Mike McKenna. Good runner, and turned out to be a great kid. But it bummed me out to suddenly have him kicking my ass through sets of 16 x 400 with seemingly no effort.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Speaking of smoking and running, did your high school have that kid who smoked a pack a day until he one day ran a 4:45 mile in gym class wearing hightops and cutoff jeans, prompting him to go out for track as a junior?
          We had a similar prodigy a few years before my time run sub 5 in jeans and went on to run a 4:20 mile and 14:55 for 3-mile X-country. Must've run in the family -- his 40-something dad whooped my ass in 10k in which I ran a mid-35.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Back in HS my best mile time was 6:23 (I was more into the shorter distances then). Recently I ran a 6:45 during a 5k for the first mile. I haven't run a mile race since HS.

Michelle