My running Goals (Read 779 times)

First off I accomplished the running goals I set for myself when I started 5 months ago. I need to think about the future. I want some long term goals so here goes... 5K in 30min <-probably could do it now, or with just a bit of training for that specific distance. 10k in 1 hour i think i could see this within a year or so. 1/2 marathon in 2 hours marathon in 4 hours. this would give me a goal for the short term and the long term. have any of you set similar type goals? does this seem reasonable? any feedback would be appreciated. could="" do="" it="" now,="" or="" with="" just="" a="" bit="" of="" training="" for="" that="" specific="" distance.="" 10k="" in="" 1="" hour="" i="" think="" i="" could="" see="" this="" within="" a="" year="" or="" so.="" 1/2="" marathon="" in="" 2="" hours="" marathon="" in="" 4="" hours.="" this="" would="" give="" me="" a="" goal="" for="" the="" short="" term="" and="" the="" long="" term.="" have="" any="" of="" you="" set="" similar="" type="" goals?="" does="" this="" seem="" reasonable?="" any="" feedback="" would="" be=""></-probably could do it now, or with just a bit of training for that specific distance. 10k in 1 hour i think i could see this within a year or so. 1/2 marathon in 2 hours marathon in 4 hours. this would give me a goal for the short term and the long term. have any of you set similar type goals? does this seem reasonable? any feedback would be appreciated.>
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Those sound a lot like my goals! I still haven't gotten my 10k (thanks to miserably hot weather, mostly) or HM under the goal and will do my first marathon this Oct. (know that won't be under 4, this time).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You have a few years of experince on me so I want to ask... Do you mostly set short term goals or a combination of short and long? Do you have any running goals that will take you several more years to do?
          Hey Chris - In reviewing your log, you might want to consider a goal of more consistant weekly running and of increasing your running base as a second goal.........if you make these goals and priorities, you might do better on your other goals.. Additionally, concerning the 1/2M and M, you may want your goals right now to simply finish them.......and make goals next year to finish within a specific time.........just my 2 cents....... You are definately on the right trak...........

Champions are made when no one is watching

To your second question.....Yes, yes and yes......

Well as for time... the 5k and 10k times would be realtivly short term goals. The 1/2 and full at those times would be several years away at the moment. Of course I will at some point set a short term goal of finishing both but I want long term also. Also as to my weekly running... well as a newbie my first goal was to go 20 miles a week. For me the best way was hard week/easy week, repeat. So my milage progression has been a zig zag. Now that I have hit 20miles my next short term is to average that. Not looking to really increase it much at all till I can for sure do it every week.
                It looks to my like you are on track and you know what you are doing..........you and I are in similar positions.......Keep it up....