Hoka Stinson Evo Tarmac shoe review (Read 67 times)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Thanks.  Good review.  Mine are great, too- maybe not quite as cushy feeling as the Bondi Bs, but really nice anyway.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I thought that might have been the case, but then I put one on each foot.  My Bondi Bs were a little cushier, but they also have 150 miles on them. I think the Tarmacs will probably be just as cushy in 100 or so miles.  I remember my new Bondis felt less cushy than the older ones. Hokas get better with time. :-)

Jeff F

Free Beer

I have been considering a pair of Hoka Stinson Evo's but was perplexed when it came to sizing.  What has been everyone's sizing experience when compared to their other shoe sizes?

I wear a 8 in Saucony Kinvaras and 7.5 in most Asics. 8.5 in Brooks Pure Flow. I wear 7.5 in the Hoka 2012 and 2013 models.

I think I'd get a nose bleed wearing those.

I wear 8 1/2 in almost all brands.  I wear 8 in the Bondi Bs.  The 8 1/2s just felt too big.  They were wearable, but the 8s are better.  I think I got 8 1/2 in the Tarmacs, though.  I'll check.

The good news is that it should decrease your  BMI since taller is better.  Honestly, you aren't as high up as you think.  The insole is inset and not at the top of what looks to be the top from the outside.

I think I'd get a nose bleed wearing those.

8 in Tarmac- so about a half size down for me in Hokas.

kcam

Too many syllables in the name.   Next.

It's even wordier with the full company name:

Hoka One One Stinson Evo Tarmac

I don't know if it's much worse than my favorite shoe:

New Balance Minimus Road Zero

Too many syllables in the name.   Next.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek