Three Weeks Without Running! (Read 792 times)

I feel your pain. It was horrible not to run when I was injured. I pulled a groin muscle back in July a few days following my first 10k. I kept trying to run but it festered for 2 months with very limited running. I finally went to the Dr and he told me to stay off of it for 3 weeks. I thought I was going to go crazy without running so long, but I listened to him and the PT and it has been fine ever since. Stay off of it, and hopefully you will be back to running before too long!
    "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
    My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com
    obiebyke

I have to stay off my running feet for 2 weeks to see if my shin heals. If not, off to the xray machine with me. I'm going bananas. Seriously, my mood has deteriorated a lot. But I'm forcing myself back to the gym today to ride the infernal bike. I think I'll probably wear horse blinders so I can't see the treadmills.... Cool

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Imminent Catastrophe

At least be grateful it's not a stress fracture, then you would be looking a 8-12 weeks off, and a long rehab. Been there, done that...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016