PB by nearly 3 minutes! (Read 670 times)

she runs like a girl

Last night I ran in the Eaton Electrical Downtown Dash in Burlington.

I don't normally brag but I ran a PB that was nearly 3 minutes better than my previous 10k PB.

I finished in 50:28 (previous PB: 53:17) and placed 2nd in my age group (20-24) and 13th over all for the women in a field of 90.

This was also my first race in this new age group.

The weather for the race was 85 F with 65% humidity.

I'm looking forward to racing this distance in the fall Smile

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
      Congratulations, Kimmi!  That's a great improvement and especially in those conditions!
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG, especially  with those conditions.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Thats very good Kimmi.....Your running really well....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Good job, with cooler temps and less humidity this fall I bet you will set more PR's this fall.
              Wow.  Great job.  3 minutes is huge. You have every reason to brag about it. Big grin

she runs like a girl

Thanks everyone for all the support. I'm looking forward to running some faster times in the fall.

I hope to have more results to boast about on RA next season. I always try to impress the RA members Wink

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
                  Awesome job! You should be able to destroy that pb in the fall with better weather.

Loves the outdoors

Wow!  That's an impressive PB Smile I can understand why you are looking forward to more races.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

redleaf

Good job! Congrats on your race.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362