Hiding Training Plan workouts Not Completed (Read 256 times)

jdais

Eric,

Not sure if this has been requested before, but is there a way to hide previously planned workouts(Training plan) not completed before today from the Calendar?

Thanks

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

eric :)

jdais,

It is not possible to hide incomplete planned workouts.  Why do you want it to be hidden?

eric Smile

L Train

If the intent is to get rid of clutter you can delete them from the training plan (I think). 

I don't think you should delete incomplete planned workouts because they convey that fact that you did not do them.  Deleting them means you never planned to do them.  I dunno.  That's how I see training plans, but if that's not how most people see it, then I can always have them hidden.

jdais

How about a filter to hide/show training plan on the Calendar

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

I don't think you should delete incomplete planned workouts because they convey that fact that you did not do them.  Deleting them means you never planned to do them.  I dunno.  That's how I see training plans, but if that's not how most people see it, then I can always have them hidden.

I agree. If you missed them and did poorly at the race you were training for, when you look back at your training cycle it may become more evident why you didn't perform to your expectations. If you hide them, you may not realize how many and which workouts you actually missed.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I agree. If you missed them and did poorly at the race you were training for, when you look back at your training cycle it may become more evident why you didn't perform to your expectations. If you hide them, you may not realize how many and which workouts you actually missed.

+1.  When I have used the training plan feature, a skipped workout staring at me, forever, is a useful motivator.

Additionally, it lets you know when you deviated from plan, which is extremely useful when retrospecting on the results.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I agree with not hiding the training plan, but this got me to thinking, it could be nice to be able to filter the calendar in various ways.  Maybe the best way would be to have it in Reports, with calendar style as an option.  Then, one could view only races, only long runs, only speedwork, etc.

You can also make your training plan private to hide them from everyone else, and if you really start deviating from it enough you could just delete the whole plan and make a new one.

I agree with not hiding the training plan, but this got me to thinking, it could be nice to be able to filter the calendar in various ways.  Maybe the best way would be to have it in Reports, with calendar style as an option.  Then, one could view only races, only long runs, only speedwork, etc.

I might add filtering as part of the log revamp.  I've been working on it for the last couple of months but now progress is slowed because of unplanned forum enhancements Big grin  One step at a time...

Another reason I would like them to be hidden, is my wife runs 4 times a week, I put in her 4 workouts roughly on the days that she is planning to do them, but sometimes they don't get done on that specific day, but she still does all the workouts for that week.  So if she completes all workouts but not on the right days then there are a bunch of uncompleted workouts hanging out on the calendar for no reason.  Another way to treat this instance would be able to line up the workout entry with a training plan entry from a different day (maybe the previous 7 and next 7 days?). 

I have my own opinions for me, but I think the bigger question revolves around whether or not an individual should be allowed to choose for themselves to hide or show the workout. Thinking that way, user preference should win the day and the ability to choose whether to show, hide, or match actual to planned workouts would be value added to the user.