2015 NYC Marathon Thread (Read 376 times)

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

First step, decide where you will be staying.  

I'm thinking I'll go "no baggage".

We're going to be staying at an AirBnb apartment in the East Village.  Would the Ferry option be the way to go or ?

Thanks!

Tim 

EastRiverRunner

Yes. I live near E Houston and Ave. B. I take a taxi or car service to the ferry.

I'm thinking I'll go "no baggage".

We're going to be staying at an AirBnb apartment in the East Village.  Would the Ferry option be the way to go or ?

Thanks!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How long does the ferry take as opposed to the bus?  I'm thinking the ferry might be a longer, chillier journey, but I have no real knowledge to go by.

Nasreddin Hoja

Yunno, this is discussed in excruciating detail over at RWOL.

http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/more-ferry-vs-bus

Short story, depends on wave etc.

#artbydmcbride

When I ran NYC marathon, I stayed on Staten Island (Hilton Garden Inn).  Race morning I had breakfast and had the hotel shuttle drive me to the start line about 10 minutes before my wave went off. 

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

When I ran NYC marathon, I stayed on Staten Island (Hilton Garden Inn).  Race morning I had breakfast and had the hotel shuttle drive me to the start line about 10 minutes before my wave went off. 

Nice, but too late for that option for me. I'll slog through the RWOL thread.

EastRiverRunner

How long does the ferry take as opposed to the bus?  I'm thinking the ferry might be a longer, chillier journey, but I have no real knowledge to go by.

The ferry trip is 25 minutes. The ferries aren't chilly since they are fully enclosed. After the ferry you will walk to Richmond Terrace to take a bus to Fort Wadsworth.

If you decide to take the bus to Fort Wadsworth, you will need to get transportation to the bus. The bus trip should ne about

thirty minutes to Fort Wadsworth.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HI! I'll be doing it.....first full! So excited and nervous to start training!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

I'm in for the second year in a row

Here's my write-up from the 2014 race

My son was born in January, so training's going to be tougher than last year, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

2015 Goals

A -- Stay healthy, raise Luke

B -- Run 1000 miles

C -- Sub-4 at NYC 2015

ultramarathon/triathlete

Nice write up, man. I love reading NYCM race reports. Just takes you right back to the course to live it again. Congrats on your son. It'll be nice seeing him when you're in Brooklyn this year along 4th ave I'm sure! I have a pic I love to look at that some friends grabbed of me stopping to see my twins when they were about a year old. I'm dripping sweat and they seemed to be thinking "wtf is going on... was that daddy a second ago!?"

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team

Julia1971

It's about 18 weeks out at this point, right?

I'm planning to do NYCM as a long run.  I've decided to make CIM my goal marathon for the fall/winter.

I still haven't decided baggage/no baggage.  Can't decide how much I want that poncho.  But, I've booked my hotel already.  (W00t!)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's about 18 weeks out at this point, right?

I'm planning to do NYCM as a long run.  I've decided to make CIM my goal marathon for the fall/winter.

I still haven't decided baggage/no baggage.  Can't decide how much I want that poncho.  But, I've booked my hotel already.  (W00t!)

Um, my countdown widget says 120 days, which works out to 14 weeks. Better get that widget on your page! Smile

I took the no baggage option. I can make it work, right?

Julia1971

Um, my countdown widget says 120 days, which works out to 14 weeks. Better get that widget on your page! Smile

I took the no baggage option. I can make it work, right?

I don't have a countdown for it because it's not a goal race right now but I think it's 17 weeks until 11/1.

No baggage will work fine.  If it's cold and rainy like last year you might be irritable.  But probably no more than the baggage people so, it's a push.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't have a countdown for it because it's not a goal race right now but I think it's 17 weeks until 11/1.

No baggage will work fine.  If it's cold and rainy like last year you might be irritable.  But probably no more than the baggage people so, it's a push.

Sorry, terrible math on my part.

Julia1971